Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
wildsky you are HI-larious!!

um.. i thought this was a horrible idea until i read THIS:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100827/ap_on_re_us/us_lost_in_home

Body of Las Vegas woman found in clutter at home

LAS VEGAS A four-month search for a missing Las Vegas woman came to a ghastly end this week when her husband found her corpse in their home amid a labyrinth of squalor that had been impassable even to search dogs.

Bill James apparently had no idea that the body of his pack-rat wife, Billie Jean, was under the same roof as he helped police scour the home and the Nevada desert for any sign of her. Then he spotted the feet of the body poking out of a floor-to-ceiling pile of junk Wednesday, revealing in shocking detail the woman's penchant for hoarding.........

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just watched that story on the news! Turns out there was so much animal feces, rotting trash and rotting food in the house that it MASKED the smell of the womans ROTTING body :sick

And.... No, Ms. Wildsky Smarty Pants, I did not ditch the Hubby :gig

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hey D!

and thats Miss Wildsky HILARIOUS Pants to you! hee hee hee hee hee

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm like you Tortoise, I go manic and start things or do things like super woman...but when I'm "normal" there is NO superwoman in me. I'm normally a very laid back person. The worst is when I start cooking for hours and hours on end, I'm left with a huge mess normal Bri doesn't want to deal with. My fiance hates it, because the kitchen turns into something a hoarder would have and he can't even look in there.

I think it'll be good for me, ill keep the animals LOL, and books. I have to keep kitchen stuff, and my saddle pads. I have close to 50? Not including halters and bridles.
The sewing stuff, reptile caves, art stuff, clothes...that can all go.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I was working in "my" room today - not really purging in there because it was going to be my sacred place, but I think I CAN purge in there!

Recently, I've FINALLY (after 10 years) found my artistic style and medium. I decided to give away/donate everything else. Everything painting at least!

I am down to 3 un-done sewing projects. That clears off most of a shelf. 1 of the projects is for deer gun deason and the other 2 are xmas gifts for this year. Those won't sit there long.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
abifae said:
tortoise said:
Books sound like clutter to me! Except my reference books for my job. Are you far away from a library?
books are not clutter.

i do throw everything i write or that gets written to me away though. i don't keep photos or journals or letters or any of that crap. i'm not a nostalgic sort.

i also don't keep anything i've outgrown or things i don't have a use for.
:gig my MIL cured me of that, she still has stuff from my hubby when he was in pre-school and junk, pictures he drew etc.. even their toys (their two kids are around the 40 year old mark) and she has broken GI joe's and absolute JUNK all over. Drives me nuts.
I throw it out so fast, I look at my kids school work, then out it goes.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Dace said:
wildsky you are HI-larious!!

And.... No, Ms. Wildsky Smarty Pants, I did not ditch the Hubby :gig
Yeah I kinda figured afterwards it would have been more like 150-200 pounds or so (guessing) 100 pounds you'd a had to cut off his legs or somthing... :gig :gig :gig

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh, I'm on the wrong thread!

Wheres the thread for collecting 100 things..

thats what I like to do.

abifae.... Im not very nostalgic either hence there is only two photos of me between age 16 and 35. Then there are about 2 more.

Things really changed when my mom died couple of years ago. Now I wish I knew more of her and had better record of my own life. The letters I would have and probably should have kept if I weren't "so in the moment"

Kids complain that they have no photos of me so I let them do a computer one.... and then I shaded it to make me look 30 years younger!!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm having a tough debate with this one.

Bamboo double-pointed knitting needle sets. Purchase price $70. Like new condition.

I know HOW to knit. I CAN knit socks and mittens. I don't usually accomplish anything and it always seems like more trouble than it is worth. I don't have any yarn.

I like knowing that I *could* make my own socks as mine wear out. I like having quality equipment. (If I replace these in the future, I won't be getting good, expensive ones!)

If I donate them, they will be sold dramatically undervalue and it seems like a waste. I don't think I can give them to an SS-newbie because they're needles that can only be used on intermediate projects - not a beginner thing.

They are small and take up very little space. Knitting is relaxing when I'm in an irritable/anxious mood. I tend to want to knit in winter.

So...

Keep or "Toss" ?

adoptedbyachicken

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
If it's good for you mentally it's more important to you than if you produce socks IMO. If they took up lots of room maybe loose them but for something small I'd keep.

I'll be doing lots of this, have to pack up everything so the house can be repaired (long story, trusses have to be changed) so count me in.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
tortoise said:
I'm having a tough debate with this one.

Bamboo double-pointed knitting needle sets. Purchase price $70. Like new condition.

I know HOW to knit. I CAN knit socks and mittens. I don't usually accomplish anything and it always seems like more trouble than it is worth. I don't have any yarn.

I like knowing that I *could* make my own socks as mine wear out. I like having quality equipment. (If I replace these in the future, I won't be getting good, expensive ones!)

If I donate them, they will be sold dramatically undervalue and it seems like a waste. I don't think I can give them to an SS-newbie because they're needles that can only be used on intermediate projects - not a beginner thing.

They are small and take up very little space. Knitting is relaxing when I'm in an irritable/anxious mood. I tend to want to knit in winter.

So...

Keep or "Toss" ?
Oh my gosh, don't toss them!!! If you decide to sell them, let me know how much. I love to knit and am in desperate need of different sized needles, especially dpns!

Or maybe we can barter something? I can knit ya a hat and mitten set? Or something else. Let me know if you're interested!