2022 Resolutions List

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
More progress today. Had three tables up in the kitchen (regular table and two extra). Got one cleared off and broken down. New approach...put away what I could and then fill up open space on counter and other tables. Sounds weird, but the "keep rolling up the mess in one pile" is working right now.

Laundry is almost done.

The wife is an ice fanatic. 🧊 I think it has partially to do with her history of medical issues and partially due who she is. She goes through a lot of ice. We had an Opal ice maker but the calcium in the water here (even after being filtered) tore it up with scale deposits. So we have a new one. We shall see using distilled water

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Ok - I'm really not much for making resolutions because I hate to disappoint myself when I blow it, lol. However, while drinking coffee and watching morning television I saw the "Dry January" challenge. I can do that, lol. So, my second resolution of 2022 is no adult beverages for the remainder of January.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220101-110753_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220101-110753_Facebook.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 113

R2elk

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Four seconds! Who knew? I can probably even get DH to do that!

Oh - thought of a resolution. I WILL get my hair cut in 2022. A real haircut - with a real stylist.

I retired in Dec 2019. Covid showed up right after that and I re-discovered the pony tail. My daughter trimmed my hair once in 2020. I decided I could cut my own hair (ha) and attempted it once in 2021. Still rocking the pony tail, lol. It's getting so long that I have to have a folded ponytail now.

So - this is my resolution. It is attainable. It will happen before summer 2022.
I haven't had a haircut since around June 2019. I am considering getting one in 2022. Once mine gets to a certain length it pretty much stops growing.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm up to 20 sit ups plus stretches now. I have to confess that I didn't do but one morning of sit-ups last week. My back was sore from all the destruction/rebuild work I was doing. Then loading the trailer and unloading it gave me more than a 20 sit up workout. LOL

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I did 20 sit ups this morning. I missed out last week, I was giving my all to working on the house and I was exhausted.

Truck is making clunking noises and will go in the shop this morning. Car wont start, I am disgusted. Going to get it running and take it to Carmax and take whatever they will give me for it.

New Year's Resolution; sell car, buy new Toyota Corolla Hybrid or Prius Hybrid. Living 30 miles from anywhere, I need a car with 40-50 MPG. The car note will kill me, but that's life.