2022 Resolutions List

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm getting on a roll with better food choices. Cronometer app helps me a lot because I can put my nutrition goals in and then test different foods until I can create meals that fit my goals. Eating right-for-me helps my fasting fall into place effortlessly.

I'm eating a lot of veggies! Meaty tomato sauce is my go-to right now. But cabbage fits my goals too. (vitamin C from raw foods, fiber) Coleslaw.

I am doing well enough to plan a grocery list and a bit of a menu plan. My garden plan fits too!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I did my 20 sit ups this morning. I’m not walking as much here as I did on the farm in Lindale. There isn’t anywhere to go and it’s boring. If closing on the new farm of 25 acres happens on schedule, that situation should fix itself. LOL Knee replacement surgery and lots of therapy will follow in August.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Streak of keeping the garbage can filled up on trash day continues.
Found some steel shelves on sale at Menards. Getting one for planned canning stuff. Convinced the wife one would work for her craft stuff temporarily.
Small steps

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Streak of keeping the garbage can filled up on trash day continues.
Found some steel shelves on sale at Menards. Getting one for planned canning stuff. Convinced the wife one would work for her craft stuff temporarily.
Small steps

once in a while we use the saying that Rome wasn't built in a day. in your case it would probably have to be something like Rome wasn't cleaned in a day. :)

i have made some progress too here in getting some clutter cleaned up now that i made more room by thinning out the bean collection and getting it mostly put away instead of them sitting around in box tops waiting for me to get to them.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Had a chat with the girls about the family stuff I have accumulated, like pots and pans. We are going to have some sorting sessions. The youngest used volunteer at a place that takes donated cookware, cleans them up, and donates to needy families. We shall see.

Trash can overfilled again tonight, the streak continues

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Things that make you go hmmmm. Coffee pot incident on Sunday (not going into details) requiring the silverware drawer being removed and emptied.

Mind you, this is one of those clutter things bothering me - drawer has so much stuff you can barely close. Came home last night to find roughly a third of the stuff she is not going to put back "because we never use it".

Fist pump!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Good discussion last night about organizing the canned stuff. Asked the wife to come up with a system she can use. My only requirements were what is was, what size, and canning date. This way she knows what she has without having to see the jars (she has trouble with the stairs to the basement).
Hoping this will help her

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes, buying 2 totes counts as progress! Progress is a series of tiny steps. Can’t do project X until you buy product Y , have to put product Y on shopping list so you don’t forget.

Think of the cat litter and toothpaste as investments. The prices have risen, you bought for less and are now well stocked up. I call that smart. :lol:

Keep up the good work, even a tiny step is a step.