2023 Resolutions

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Emptying the freezers was very cathartic yesterday, although doing it at 6am under the looming pressure of the movers was not. The wife's pandemic/supply chain issue panic buying was out of control. Lots of freezer burnt meats.

Boxes and totes everywhere around me. One step at a time. Onwards!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I need to go over my 2023 list, add the undone things to my 2024 list. It’s been a busy year. Didn’t see a hailstorm coming and the resulting “I’ll roof it myself “ coming. I had help for half a day on Saturday’s and id all the prep work during the week. Had to replace some decking, repair rotted ends of rafters, roll out underlayment paper, radiant heat barrier, 2x4 lath strips and crowning Glory, put the R panel metal on the roof. All with a little help from my friends. It took the whole month of June. I am blessed.

Son wants to put his house up for sale, so I got to finish moving all my stuff. I’ll do all I can by myself and get help where needed. That will do a lot to expedite crossing things off my 2023 list! WHOOP!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@baymule ... Son selling, are you moving any connex from there to your place? I know he has other property to also move them to -- but?? Is expense to move a large part of costs to buy another, delivered?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@baymule ... Son selling, are you moving any connex from there to your place? I know he has other property to also move them to -- but?? Is expense to move a large part of costs to buy another, delivered?
He will move his to 35 acres in Houston County. NOT the city of Houston. His land is maybe 25-30 miles from me. An 18 wheeler wrecker is sufficient to move those 40’ shipping containers.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
#2 on my list, cleaning the front fence row….. it’s happening next week. Can anybody say BULLDOZER?? :weee

With help of neighbors I’ve pulled 60 T-posts out of the front fence row. It required a cute doo-dad that slips over the t-post, chain in other hole, link in the slot, chain around front bucket and lift. My 23 HP tractor couldn’t pull them. About a half dozen posts wouldn’t come out, tree roots had grown into them.

IMG_5386.jpeg

Brush was so thick, neighbor pushed bucket into brush, I climbed into bucket, out of bucket, fought briars to slip plate over post, climb in bucket, out of bucket, get the he// out of the way.

IMG_5384.jpeg

IMG_5383.jpeg

Take plate and chain off t-post, toss post by tree line, go to next post. I had already clawed my way in to the posts with bolt cutters to cut the clips off the posts.

I’m so EXCITED that the bulldozer man is coming next week!!!!!!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Being forced to winnow down the stuff. I am sticking to tossing stuff I had prior to this marriage. Maxed out the garbage pickup at the old place again (without extra charges).

The wife is going to freak out when she is faced with her piles of stuff.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Emptying the freezers was very cathartic yesterday, although doing it at 6am under the looming pressure of the movers was not. The wife's pandemic/supply chain issue panic buying was out of control. Lots of freezer burnt meats.

Boxes and totes everywhere around me. One step at a time. Onwards!
What frozen food I retained I put in the upright freezer, leaving the chest freezer unused. Sounds like the compressor is starting to go out on the upright.

Wife immediately wanted to buy a new one (deep sale discounts around here). I didn't see the need since we wasted so much food from before and the chest freezer isn't being used. Lolol

Last edited: