2023 Resolutions

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
More decluttering. Main floor is decent. I purged a few things from upstairs and basement. Games we grew out of. Silicone popsicle molds that are aggravating and hard to fill/clean/store. Pill organizers that pop open in my purse so they're useless to me (and way too small). Random stray things. Tossed a broken mop. Nothing major. Lots of little things that creep in and stay.

Legos are securely hidden away until kids clean their rooms. 😈

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm working on decluttering a small monthly expense. A kid's phone line we're not using. Just using the phone for an alarm, no need to keep paying the bill.
Get him a wind up alarm click with the bells on top. Put it on an aluminum pie pan. It will wake the dead.

IMG_5108.png

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Reviewed the wife's proposed packing schedule. This should be interesting, not fun.
I will do my best to support her plan, but am concerned about her sequence (moving stuff around multiple times).

Ugh. When is everybody stopping by to help?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Reviewed the wife's proposed packing schedule. This should be interesting, not fun.
I will do my best to support her plan, but am concerned about her sequence (moving stuff around multiple times).

Ugh. When is everybody stopping by to help?
To avoid moving furniture around in the rooms multiple times until it’s “right” measure furniture and make paper patterns. Label each one and let her rearrange to her hearts content. Let her know you will not move furniture but one time.

Husband and I once owned a furniture store. Women came in, unable to visualize what furniture would look like in their home, how it would fit. I wrote down measurements and told them to make paper patterns . This made them happy and kept them from buying too many pretty things that would overcrowd the room.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not specifically on my list, but part of the widening the driveway entrance. A big H brace was in the way and needs to be moved about 20’. So yesterday I pulled the hundreds of staples I happily pounded in the posts. Ok, maybe not hundreds, but it sure seemed that way. It took almost 2 hours to finally roll the wire back. I pulled T-posts, leaving one as a marker of where the H brace will go. I pounded in 2 T-posts at an angle to 2 standing posts to brace the fence and help keep the wire from loosening.

IMG_5105.jpeg

Today, after taking down the dead tree in the yard, Bennett pulled up the H brace. It came apart, no problem, I’ll just reset the posts and build it back.

IMG_5123.jpeg

Also not on my list because the tree was still living, but it had to go because the ONLY place to drop it was out in the field—where the shipping containers will go.
Behind the tree is a portable building and side fence, a little off to the side is my house. Other side of the tree is the crappy sheds that I will tear down, but I need them ATM and don’t want them crushed. Opposite side is power lines.

Bennett brought 2 tractors, one placed with bucket up, against tree to keep it from falling backwards. The other ran out in the field, cable tied to tree, and to tractor to pull it in direction it should fall. Cable looked a little short, Chase and I convinced Bennett to add 2 chains, added 40’. Safety.

IMG_5109.jpeg

IMG_5115.jpeg

71751757480__FB6680F3-BE3A-426A-991A-5ADA813B557B.jpeg

IMG_5119.jpeg

There was a fence where the tree fell, I took it up a couple weeks ago so the tree could fall. Chase will come Sunday afternoon to start cutting it up for firewood. He supplies several elderly people that heat their homes with a wood heater.

So I’m glad the tree is down, another step in placing the 2 shipping containers. I have another stretch of old fence to take down, where the truck will have to go through.

Oh, the 60’ round pen I loaded up on my flatbed trailer, brought it home, unloaded and set it up? Well I took it down. It was in the way of where the truck will have to go to unload the containers.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
To avoid moving furniture around in the rooms multiple times until it’s “right” measure furniture and make paper patterns. Label each one and let her rearrange to her hearts content. Let her know you will not move furniture but one time.

Husband and I once owned a furniture store. Women came in, unable to visualize what furniture would look like in their home, how it would fit. I wrote down measurements and told them to make paper patterns . This made them happy and kept them from buying too many pretty things that would overcrowd the room.
This is the pre move packing. I am afraid it will result in chaos

Latest posts