2023 Resolutions

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Let me update my list and add it here.
1. Get weight down to 205. Means I can start wearing clothes I used to wear. down 8 pounds
2. Make use of the free garden space, try growing okra and hot peppers 🌶
3. Homestead acquisition is going to depend on two events outside my control, but be ready for it.
4. Convince the wife to be more frugal/save more. I have a dollar amount in mind, I won't publish here. making progress, talked her out of a large supply spend we don't need for 2 months; getting the financial tracking up to date is a big motivator. This morning was "why don't we buy this"...talked her out of that too. Wants vs needs
5. Get a routine house cleaning schedule in place and stick to it. working on it
6. Do my once a month weekend local photo excursion. Used to do this when I was first divorced, was a good exercise and mental health activity.
7. Try new canning recipes, like enchilada sauce. Attempt pickles again
8. Visit my college buddy in SC.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
congrats on progress. sometime it is very hard to get people to change their habits.

yesterday i asked Mom if she was going to pick up stuff at the library. she made noises that sounded like she was going to go. i did other projects. the rest of the day i'm wondering if she's going to go or not. getting later in the day, i don't want her on the roads near dusk (way too many deer around here). so in the end i asked her again and she again made noises like maybe, but she didn't get going so i just flat out told her i was going because i didn't want to be on the road later either. so i got it done.

i'm having to be a lot more direct the past few months to get across that there are things more important and i want to do them by certain times or include them in my plans for the day/week/etc. so i'm working on what i can change (me) and she's just going to have to cope... haha! good luck with that... :)

and good luck to you @FarmerJamie. :)

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
We have now for 3 weeks, discussed possible meals for each week ahead. Still not perfect, but NO food waste the last 2 weeks.

The weirdness of getting paid every two weeks. Last pay was basically a bonus pay compared to the bill schedule. Tax preparation meeting next Saturday, always happy if we net zero. 🙂

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have now for 3 weeks, discussed possible meals for each week ahead. Still not perfect, but NO food waste the last 2 weeks.
I'll bet that works in a couple of ways. -- you both KNOW the food is already there and more to spare, and DW doesn't have to experience any anxiety about those facts. 🤗. Good thinking. Plus there are alternative choices at hand for such planning.

I have come to the conclusion that I need more people to feed than just me!! So much to use up.🤫

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i was kinda thinking of getting on the scale last week but put it off until my more normal scheduled weigh in (once a week is enough i don't want to go too much longer than that but sometimes i do skip a few days). keeping on track is good news for me for this time of the year.

i really thought i was eating a lot more but i guess i've been busy enough to burn it off. more fiber (apples, beans and coleslaw, plus a higher fiber cereal and some snacks that are also high fiber) really works to keep me feeling more full for longer.

making progress on other projects. no complaints here. :)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
So......
When we purchased our new car, we got Siruis XM radio free for a long period of time. Enjoy it on long drives (2+ hours). Free subscription expired, they wanted $30 per month. As we rarely travel anymore, noped out of that fairly quickly. Now they are bothering us daily, but offering 12 months at $6 per month.

Buyer beware. Lol.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm surprised SiriusXM is still in business! Tough competition. I use Amazon Music which I can play on speakers at home, on my phone away from home, and in my car. I pay for it because I hate commercials so much!