5 minute artisan bread

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
The library finally called and said I HAD to give the book back so I bought my own. Mmmmmmmmmmmm

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has had a problem with their oven after using the steam generating technique . . . . I read somewhere that it might not be good for your oven. Just wondered. :hu

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Well, it looks like there is an (arguably) easier way to get the steaming effect without steaming up the inside of your oven. Behold!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Very cool! How easy is that?

ETA: The only drawback is you can't lurk around watching your beautiful bread bake! :p

I wish I had a double oven! :(

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Well, at least you will miss the first 10 minutes of viewing. Besides, who needs to watch when you can just hover over the oven and sniff. :drool I was doing that last night with my sourdough rye bread. I couldn't quite get enough of the smell! LOL

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
That is a pretty clever trick!

Is anyone else bored with the flavor of the bread? Something about it is getting on my nerves.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Honestly, I have only made it once. :hide Don't get me wrong, we really liked it . . . I'm just not loyal to any one bread recipe. After I finally got my sourdough to work, I became infatuated with all the different breads I could make with it and I haven't re-visited the 5-min bread.

Dace -- do you have the book? Are you just making the basic recipe? Because it seems to me there were quite a few variations in the book and some others on their blog.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Yeah Drake, I am only using the basic recipe but here is my thought....ANY dough recipe should be able to be mixed and tossed into the fridge...I am kind of perplexed as to why this one seems so revolutionary.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Right. I know what you mean. I think they just fiddled with the proportions of ingredients until it worked best.

I have stored my pizza dough in the fridge for years, so . . . .

But maybe it has to do with the fact that it will rise without any kneading. I don't think all bread recipes will do that.