A new journey into homesteading "pic heavy"

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And I still haven't got in high gear out in the garden. For once, being swarmed with projects has been a good thing.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
dang weatherman screwed me again. They said the low last night was 39. I didn't bother covering anything in the garden. We had a pretty good frost.

:gig:gig:gig:gigguess I'll be planting some more tomatoes and peppers
Nooooo! That sucks a bit. Guess you're going to have to cover everything and keep an eye on the weather yourself for awhile?

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yeah almost everything in the garden is dead. Oh well more room for new plants!

I was a little bummed but I met a man today who had his leg ripped off by a car and he was trying to learn to walk on a prosthetic.

Pretty sure I'm gonna be just fine. :)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Wow, yes, that does help put things in perspective.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh boy what a day. Got home from work and someone was calling about my CL add selling chicks. He wanted 5.

He and his wife pull up and the tie rod falls off his front end right in front of the house. I could tell right off they were good folks. So I went and got a new tie rod end, put it on his truck in the street and then aligned it in my driveway with a tape measure in the dark. :lol:

He swears he's taking it to an alignment shop first thing in the morning. Cost me $30 and 2 hours to sell $10 worth of chickens but we may have made some friends out of the deal, and what goes around comes around.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's awesome! Proves you really ARE a good guy!

Ok, PM me your address cuz I think I can get some fig starts headed your way. A couple of the sticks I stuck in the ground have sprouted leaves so I think that's a good sign that maybe they've got a little rooting going on. Probably best to get them mailed before it gets too hot. No promises that they'll live well and prosper - but I think it's worth a try.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's awesome! Proves you really ARE a good guy!

Ok, PM me your address cuz I think I can get some fig starts headed your way. A couple of the sticks I stuck in the ground have sprouted leaves so I think that's a good sign that maybe they've got a little rooting going on. Probably best to get them mailed before it gets too hot. No promises that they'll live well and prosper - but I think it's worth a try.

na I really am a bad person. I just do good deeds sometimes.

Ok I'll send the pm stat!

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
20180422_132421.jpg

Got a little more progress some in the orchard today. 3 more fruit trees and 2 blueberry bushes. No where close to being finished sheet mulching

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Making progress! I'll dig up the little fig starts today and the plan is to ship them tomorrow. I'll let ya know if any thing changes. Sorry I'm just now getting to it. I don't procrastinate much!