A new journey into homesteading "pic heavy"

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They will all turn slightly tan -- a few of those already have -- and they will dry at the cut end, the vine stub, entire skin harden slightly. Just let them stay cool, some air flow and dark is good, just not in the sunshine, LOL. I laid mine in a laundry basket that has holes all around, set in he corner of a closet. Check occasionally for any that got bruised and may then deteriorate. I lost 2 out of about 75 that way. Cut and feed to chickens/goats.

Cook, as FEM suggested. They are slightly more moist & a more grainy texture than sweet potatoes but, with the butter & brown sugar are a similar taste. Cut into chunks and stir fry as side dish, etc. Steam & use in salads

This lowly squash sells at $1-1.25 per # whole and approx $2 a pound chopped & frozen. Makes you appreciate this highly productive vine. It is high in good vit/min, too.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I put them on top of my rabbit cages. Still under the roof and out of the sun. The blowers will give good airflow. Hopefully they will cure well

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cut in chunks, dredge in olive oil seasoned with garlic powder, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper, rosemary, or whatever you like. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 400 until tender.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We tried just baking one. It tastes like sweet potato

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pepper harvest!
20180706_174930.jpg

Latest posts