A new journey into homesteading "pic heavy"

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Will do. Im a little curious myself.

Today i mixed a 1/3 cup of powder sulfur with 2 gallons of water and sprayed it on the leaves. I was told to do this for 4 days and its supposed to work.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well Nothing is dead yet. The grey spots haven't cleared up yet either.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
All in all the garden is doing well. We still get squash and zucchini everyday, the melon vines are spreading and the tomatoes have green fruit! Summer is in high gear here in Texas (97 today) i expect the water bill to double soon.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
:lol: Squash & Zukes....yep, heavy producers. I had a flat of various seeds to just get starts for cukes, squash, zukes, eggplant....before they sprouted, a chicken rearranged them for me, ate some also. Well, I know I have 2 cukes, and six "other" things. Well, want more eggplant but that would be PLENTY squash types for one person. LOL...

Dang chickens!! Put more eggplant seeds out. Will see what I get. 2 cukes will be plenty.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Chickens and gardens do NOT go well together, lol. We all know that one for sure. I saw a couple stink bugs the other day - so the war is about to begin. Just not sure when I'm gonna have time to deal with it....

I'm totally losing the zucchini war...about to start operation "zucchini drop" on the neighbors, lol. Wish me luck!!