Aggieterpkatie-Pics of my new rabbit-Page 38 !!!!!

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Oh, I thought you were joking! I was going to reply with a serious reply, but I thought you'd say, "Can't you take a joke?" :lol:

Nah, I'm not taking any wool. I used to show feeder lambs there when I was in college, but now I like just going and not having any responsibilities...just looking and shopping! :D

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:lol:

I was far from joking! I have no idea about those festivals and thought maybe people brought their wool to sell or have spun into something.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
glenolam said:

I was far from joking! I have no idea about those festivals and thought maybe people brought their wool to sell or have spun into something.
The Sheep and Wool Festival is HUGE! They have everything. There are sheep shows and breeders from all over bring all kinds of wool breeds to compete. Then they have a feeder lamb show and sale (where the lambs are normally sold to 4-Hers). They've got building upon building of vendors selling crafts, yarn, fleeces, roving, sheep equipment, etc. They also usually have some different things like plants, angora bunnies, alpacas (usually for display, not sale). Then they have demos like sheep shearing, herding, etc. And FOOD! Lamb stew, lamburgers, gyros, icecream, cotton candy. :drool

I'm so excited!! :weee

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
And totally unrelated, my goat is funny. I've had some extra apples in the fridge from the fall that aren't really much good anymore, but they're good for the animals. I also had a handful of carrots that were a little past prime. So each milking I've been putting grain, a carrot, and an apple in June's bowl. She always eats them in the same order. Carrot first, then grain, then apple. She's so funny!

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
The sheep and wool festival sounds like so much fun! I always check out the sheep and wool area of the Big E when we go- one year I scored a free fleece from the shearing demo!

Funny about the flat land and you were in VT- I am envious of anyone who has a farm that isn't on the side of a mountain! (I am in Putney, VT).

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
valmom said:
The sheep and wool festival sounds like so much fun! I always check out the sheep and wool area of the Big E when we go- one year I scored a free fleece from the shearing demo!

Funny about the flat land and you were in VT- I am envious of anyone who has a farm that isn't on the side of a mountain! (I am in Putney, VT).
That's awesome you scored a free fleece! I was in Westfield. The farm I lived on was in a valley and had a good bit of flat land, but also had really nice hills. I loved the view of the mountains! I still clearly remember bright green pastures with beautiful dairy cows on them, surrounded by the beautiful trees with red and orange and gold leaves. *sigh* I really miss that some days. We had a nice view of Jay Peak too!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
aggieterpkatie said:
glenolam said:

The Sheep and Wool Festival is HUGE! They have everything. There are sheep shows and breeders from all over bring all kinds of wool breeds to compete. Then they have a feeder lamb show and sale (where the lambs are normally sold to 4-Hers). They've got building upon building of vendors selling crafts, yarn, fleeces, roving, sheep equipment, etc. They also usually have some different things like plants, angora bunnies, alpacas (usually for display, not sale). Then they have demos like sheep shearing, herding, etc. And FOOD! Lamb stew, lamburgers, gyros, icecream, cotton candy. :drool

I'm so excited!! :weee
Sounds much bigger than the Connecticut Sheep and Wool Festival I was just at last Saturday! We saw all those things but in much smaller quantities. the angora bunnies were soooo tempting! We had two display llamas too.