Ain't this forum hoppin'? AND....should we have a JOURNAL category?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Well, I got new chickens today!! WOOT!!!

Hubby had to get them for me, since he went nutso buying chickens for himself :lol:

Just wanted to make sure all my friends here on SS are aware that I got chickens today

ROTFL.

Totally off topic, but I hope a few of you at least chuckled?

:hugs

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
fast chime in and then will shut up.

I didn't see beekissed attack anyone or anything like that...she was stating her opinion, I happened to agree with some of it and it was a conversation. If someone started a post that said, I spent $1000 on vet care for gizzard transplant, and then that conversation was directed at them, then yes, overboard.

But in a general conversation, if ya don't like what you read, then honestly don't comment on it...cause that starts the debate.

I have read a few things here I didn't "approve" of and never commented on it so it wouldn't start anything. Just cause someone doesn't share the same opinion and wants to voice her opinion and feelings, I don't think it should be censored. Watch the language? To convey our feelings sometimes we must use alot of words and words others might not agree.

anyway, not to start anything but I see this MANY times in MANY forums where conversations are taking place among a few and someone MUST find that ONE sentence or paragraph to disagree with and JUMPS on it cause they feel they have too...well sometimes you don't have too ya know.

not singling out anyone for anything....just commenting on what I see in forums and how people pick thru a post to find "something", "anything" to make a comment on.

no more from me...LOL :)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Sheepishly, ( and I say that b/c I REALLY want to stay out of it)I have to say that I agree with Pat. Byc is great, I still participate there, and enjoy it there. I don't agree with everything that ppl do and say over there, but like I said--each to their own.

And Beekissed, I know you didn't mean to badmouth us all , but that IS how it came across. You don't agree with alot of what goes on there--fine--leave. but when you bad mouth them--you do, in turn badmouth us in a round about way.

We should speak kindly of others, and tolerate and accept the ways in which they are different. And remember Luke 6:37

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I saw nothing wrong with Beekissed giving her point of view, its just an opinion.

Alot of people on here have given their opinions on things that are offensive to someone else in one way or another.

In fact some people have even started threads specifically to tear apart a particular subject they found either offensive or amusing to them.
They actually start a thread to intentionally belittle a topic, regardless of how others might feel about it. There is total disregard for how someone else might view it.

I could go right now and find several threads where someone came on here and started a thread just to talk about how much they hate something, find it useless or amusing.

Beekissed did not do that, her opinion came up in the natural course of a conversation.
This is a conversation already in progress by a few people who happend to agree with eachother and I did not find it directed at anyone.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
You mean I don't have to be as careful with what and how I say things here? On BYC I keep wanting to post a "My hen died today" and see what happens. She died a week or so ago so it isn't timely anymore.

For blogs we have a My Page here, not that I have started one or checked out anyone elses.

Added:

Maybe I should have read the whole thread before posting. :/

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
You mean I don't have to be as careful with what and how I say things here? . :/
Maybe not quite as much. We ARE capable of getting a little steamed now and again, but I've also noticed a bit more of a "live and let live"attitude which is cool I might add.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Quail_Antwerp said:
Well, I got new chickens today!! WOOT!!!

Hubby had to get them for me, since he went nutso buying chickens for himself :lol:

Just wanted to make sure all my friends here on SS are aware that I got chickens today

ROTFL.

Totally off topic, but I hope a few of you at least chuckled?

:hugs
Congrats, Quail!!! What kinds and how many? :)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I got 2 Mille Fleur hens and Hubby got a pair of Silver Duckwing OEG's. He has already been out this morning to check on them, and usually I am out feeding the chickens myself! :lol: He even carried his coffee with him.

ETA: so are we going to be getting a section for blogging or what? :p

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I would say if enough people showed an interest, we could ask Nifty....its all up to him.

Funny about your hubby getting "chickenized"! My boys say they dislike my chickens but they still seem to enjoy watching their antics. :)

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I don't really understand this 'section for blogging' request.....do you want a forum that's got threads in it each person starts and adds to? :hu I kinda thought that's what we were already doing. Do you want something like we have on Beemaster, where there's a forum to post a link to your own blog?