AL - Recording baby steps: Newest Addition

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Rio is probably one of the best dogs I have ever had...ever. He is smart, sweet, loyal and protective. He has the kindness the Labrador breed is known for, but he has growled and stood between me and a hotel door being banged on. And he is so sweet with the cats and the psycho buff orpington chicken that attacks him.

Farrier came and said he sure wished he could take another horse, he loves Buddy. While Josh was working on Buddy's feet, Buddy was reaching down and biting my shoe and lifting my foot.... picking up the farrier stand... nibbling Josh's belt. Josh said his ex GF is a great trainer so I may contact her towards the end of the month about working on Buddy's manners!

I am excited about tomorrow - I'll be tilling under the garden lot again, then on the non-chicken side of the new fence I will plant english peas. Woot!! AND I have my potatoes ready to get going as well!

ETA - not planting YET... but sure getting ready!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I understand your knee pain. I have had mine swollen up bigger than grapefruits before. The type of arthritis that I have is psoriasis, like people get on their skin. Only I get it in my joint capsules! :tongue

They kept threatening to drain my knee with a needle and boy did I fight that, but one day I had to give in. It was the most wonderful thing ever! Instant pain relief! Only I had to wear a brace because my joint was loose feeling since the tendons were stretched out.

I hope they can find the source of your troubles and that you are feeling well soon.

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ouch that sounds really painful, FF! I'm glad draining it helped.

Last night and today my knee has felt better. Of course, better = bearable pain :rolleyes:
I also discovered last night that I am unable to do the leg lift where you lay on your side and raise the bottom leg. It feels like a terrible pulling in my knee and the lower leg will not raise without intense pain and effort.

TODAY!!! I am trying to decide between 2 very exciting activities!
Do I try my hand for the very first time at making bread?
OR
Do I till up the garden and start my container planting of onions?

Decisions Decisions... but not accomplishing anything sitting here!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I'd go for the bread, but it is blustery and cold here.....

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I decided to eat some of my mom's homemade chili and think about it! LOL
It is about 60*, blue skies and sunshine here.

I also have to figure out where I am going to plant my peas I bought today!

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well that didn't work out :(
My dad's tiller kept quitting on me, then it started shooting flames out the side when I restarted it! Uh no thanks.
He worked on it some but I already had the chickens turned out on my garden lot. It's ok though, because only about 5 rows in and my knee feels mule-kicked.

I check on my potatoes in my closet - they have some great tubers going! I have red potatoes in my closet, but my feed store has white and gold as well - so I may try some of those.

Ok... some tylenol and a quick rest, now I'll go see if I have the ingredients for bread. I can also sit and fix up my containers.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Don't be sorry!!! Revel in it! I for one, am living vicariously through other's gardens!!!!!

When you said gold 'taters - Yukon Golds? I love 'em as they mature early are hmm-hmm-good!

I hope you're feeling better!

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I actually don't know what kind of 'gold' potatoes.... they just have on their sign "red, white and gold potatoes". I may get some just for kicks though.

SO.... I never made it back to the garden, didn't want to push things on the knee. Of course, I helped my dad unload a truckload of firewood and then trim a big pecan limb.

I also made bread!!! :woot
Now granted, it is just a very basic white bread, but it is BREAD and I made it!

1857_bread2.jpg

1857_breada.jpg

I might get adventurous and add dried fruit or something next time! :D ;)