All I want for Christmas is ....

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The last two years I've been trying to scale back Christmas and give homemade gifts like jam. My mom seems on board until around December when she goes on a buying frenzy getting things for me and other family that aren't really needed or wanted. She just feels compelled to show love by giving even if the gift is shipped and she doesn't see it opened. :rolleyes:

I really need a pair of waterproof ankle boots that are easy to slip in and out of (no ties).
My book wishlist on Amazon.com is long. I need a book on raising turkey and one on ducks. I also want the one of chicken health.
I can always use zip ties, bungie cords, nails, screws, staples, hinges, S hooks, etc. Where do these things disappear to?
Anyone want to by a few bags of Flockraiser for me? It would be welcomed. :lol:
I want one or two of those stainless steel killing cones, and a good butchering knife would be great. ;)
Supplies for a new raised garden bed would be awesome (cedar planks, top soil, peat moss, manure).
Power washer (even if just on loan) to strip my wooden walkway and clean the high end of the house.
Help putting up fence around the garden.
Someone to fix my large lawn mower.
Sometimes a helping hand is the most valuable gift. :D
Hatching eggs would be a FUN gift. ;)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I want a microscope
I found one of the kinds used in high school science class at Goodwill for $10. I haven't used it to test fecal samples though :sick but it would work for that. It is the old metal ones. I think it is from the 50's.

As for what I want....
A hygrometer (for my mead)
a meat grinder with sausage stuffer attachment
more growing trays for the pond plant system

That's about it...other than a million dollars so I can buy land :D

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
farmerlor said:
I would like a good breeder quality Bourbon hen or two and another Midget hen. I'd LOVE to have one of those big fancy incubators but that's not in the budget this year for sure.
Man I wish we lived closer. I live in Missouri. I have a ready to lay Bourbon hen and a Slate hen both for sale right now. I have worked hard to get them both gentle as well.
I wish you lived closer too because I'm also looking for a girlfriend for my Bronze/Slate Tom.

farmerlor

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh, and I would LOVE one of those bird plucking machine doo hickey thingies.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i want:

100 yards of field fence
a pressure cooker
a new rototiller
a mulboard plow attachment for the little tractor
a new duck hut
wood floors for the rest of the house - i'm so sick of this stupid carpet!
maybe a dexter cow??? already bred???

thats really not so hard or too much to ask, is it???

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
T! I like your list! I might have to add a cedar wood mold and stick blender to mine on second thought.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
What do I want for Christmas???

Well, whenever I ask DH for something practical, he scoffs...says Christmas is for FUN things....Then he tells me to get HIM something he needs. :smack

My list:
A Well
Chicken feed or a Gift Certificate to the local feedstore
Heated chicken waterer(s)
7 pound chicken feeders (or even 3 pound chicken feeders)
2x4's
OSB Sheeting
Nails, screws, hinges, hooks and eyes
Empty Plastic coffee cans with lids to store the items above
SOCKS thick ones to wear in my boots when I'm out in the muck!
Hardwire cloth
Garden fencing
Book on Raising Pigs

Uh, a winning lottery ticket?????

Sunny

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
All I want for Christmas is..

Surgery for my nose. I would love to be able to get air through it again.. And maybe be able to smell. And for the swelling to go down around my eyes and nose. Some days it gets very painful.

But I know it will never happen. They want $6,000 down. Thats half of the surgery cost. And that doesnt pay all the fees either. Theres still some hospital fees and the person that puts you to sleep fees. Way costly.

But I can dream cant I..

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Alll I want for Christmas is...... an 9 tray excalibur food dehydrator. It's a want, though, not a need. My old dehydrator still works, but several trays are broken. I would be able to do so much more with a new one.

eta, oh yeah.... I want to be out of debt. Can I have that for Christmas? all we have is the mortgage, and a small line of credit, but I want NO debt. :)

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
T! I like your list! I might have to add a cedar wood mold and stick blender to mine on second thought.
My DH bought me a stick blender from WalMart a couple of days ago. On Saturday, he stirred for 45 min. after I had stirred for 15. He stirred while I fixed soup for supper. :rolleyes:

The stick blender makes a world of difference. I did 2 batches of soap today, each about 3 to 4 lbs. The 1rst, a chocolate almond swirl traced in about 10 minutes. The 2nd, gingered rose goat milk took about 20 minutes. I used it for about a minute at a time and then hand stirred for about 5 minutes.

The stick blender was about $20.