Amish Friends

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yes pecan pie can spoil. When you get Amish baked pies, they are not quite done. You can slice them and freeze the slices. Actually a whole pie just fits in a gallon size ziplock baggie nicely. Then when you want a piece, pop in the the microwave and enjoy :)

The Amish use no food preservatives.

it wouldn't be around long enough to spoil... :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i gave in too much last winter and so i'm fighting to get rid of the extra weight i put on. already down 10lbs, would like another 10 off before winter, but that isn't going to happen.

i feel a lot better already having done what i have. it made the latter part of the hot summer easier on me.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
There is a Mennonite community near us in Emory. We have done business with one family's slaughter facility. The boys took over from their father as teenagers. Their school graduates the students at 16 years old. The boys do a fine job of running the business, they do the killing and slaughter, the girls work in the cutting and packing room.

cabinguy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Try taking the kids Popsicles on a hot day its special treat since they dont have refrigerators

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Some people find it to be cloyingly sweet. I, on the other hand, find that a warm slab of Pecan Pie rates right up there with good home made apple pie, tiramisu, chocolate chip cookie pie, home made blueberry pie, warm home made pumpkin pie. Any one hungry???

Not anymore :)
IMG_20190521_093700972.jpg

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I will admit to being strange - I do not like pecan pie. But, I don't really like nuts very well. I seldom eat peanut butter, I pick the walnuts out of the toll house cookies and feed them to the dog, I use sunflower and pumpkin seeds in my homemade granola.