ANOTHER DOG attack

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Good luck and keep yourself safe. Sorry it got your goats, but I'm glad that doe survived. It might be safer to use a live trap- then SSS when you catch the right critter.
My niece almost got attacked last week by a neighborhood dog. Her Mom was in the car and saw it running up to attack, and aimed the car at the dog. It decided living was more important than attacking and took off.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Time to invest in some Great Pyrs for the future of your herd...won't help right now but its something to think about for sure.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
FC - sorry to hear about all your troubles. It is so frustrating to have to deal with killer dogs. I deal much better with normal wildlife predators myself because I know they are just doing what they do to survive. They take one animal occasionally for food and they acutally eat it. Domesticated animals on the other hand are much more destructive.
I am with you on doing what you have to do by whatever means works.
Hope you dispatch those critters soon, sound like they could be a danger to more than your goats.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
My hubby mentioned a live trap as well. He said so many dogs are kennel trained as pups they would probably be very willing to go right inside.