Anxiety Treatment Options?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Any suggestions for options dealing with anxiety?

Stress is out of control. Insomnia and the like.

I am praying and trying to let it go. I am trying.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Along with prayer, I'd suggest you get into reading the Bible. Then, pray some more. Is your anxiety based on: a true issue that is occurring now, something that might happen, or something that you are worried might happen... or something you simply can't even begin to put a finger on? Are you eating or drinking anything besides water for the 3+ hours leading up to bed time?

If your anxiety is based on physical occurrences in your environment, what can you do to change those? Toxic relationships? Cluttered environment? Financial burden? Employment stress? Are you taking ownership of problems that belong to someone else?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
And if the above options don't give you relief - please don't be hesitant to see someone who can prescribe something for you. Don't let the problem spiral out of control. There's no shame or weakness in needing a med that can give you relief. My DH was prescribed anti-anxiety meds for a short term issue...it really helped him. After awhile he weaned off of them and continues to do well now.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
They can be addictive to some people so the weaning off is important!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Something as simple as taking a vitamin D supplement can work wonders. My hubby and I both take 2000 IU Vit D/day. When I had my last bone density checked, the technician who had worked with a local Osteoporosis research doc stated that as we age, our ability to make Vit D decreases. Add to that: the fact that even for some one in Maine who is outdoors for long periods EVERY day still does not get enough sun exposure to meet Vit D needs except for late July, early August. Hubby had issues with winter doldrums (SAD) before I got him taking Vit D. Since starting Vit D, his energy level, and mood have improved greatly.

But, don't just start taking pills because someone on a forum (me) tells you it will help. Do your homework before starting any meds/supplements.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I second CBD oil. My husband takes it. He was taking Lexapro and had some bad side effects. He had to wean off and now takes 2 10mg capsules in the morning, one at noon and one at night. Read up on it and study to see if it is right for you. It does not have THC in it and is legal in all 50 states. You will not get high on it.

https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/shop/capsules/cbd-10-mg/