Are we living our dream?

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It is not legal in my area but I have seen it work on a few people really fast but it kinda makes them a bit stupid. Still it looks like the most problems it causes are from random drug screens. It’s not like the pot smokers are causing the trouble the crack houses cause. Or meth….whatever that is. Actually crack and excessive violence is what gave me custody of my niece, aka HDD. Poor child was almost 13 when I got custody of her and I found out a few years later that I should have gotten custody of her a few weeks earlier than I did. Bad stuff happens in crack houses to kids. But I honestly consider weed as an herbal remedy. I have never used it though. Also a lot of the work I have done requires a perfect drug screen and even when I have been with people smoking I have been concerned about testing positive. I would have loved to be able to make an essential oil but I never even learned how to use my distiller which is probably totally destroyed or buried. I mean my niece has seizures, my husband has pain and I know a bunch of people with anxiety. 🤷‍♀️

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've heard it helps, never tried any. BUT our state made it "legal" to possess an ounce and to grow your own. Limit 5 plants. 🤔 also it was STILL ILLEGAL to buy/sell either plants or product. 😁

Now, they are amending or introducing new laws to allow sales of product at licensed facilities....not sure if only medicinal or otherwise. It's all pretty odd right now in VA. :idunno

I'm not thinking they are considering a farm crop. :lol: hemp is even limited to strick growing and overseeing big time. It used to be a big crop here many, many years ago. Probably a lot of happy people then.

limit in MI is 12 plants. you can grow and give it away but can't sell it. also have to be careful about how much you have on you and of course don't smoke it before driving or operating equipment or going to work.

i don't smoke it myself or really want to get stoned any more than i was before as a teen - i pretty much got it out of my system back then. :) quite happy as i am now. :)

the dispensaries for selling it can be opened here but it takes the local community to ok it and many don't want them so... local town has major issue with growers stinking up the place. indoor growers have more of a chance of controlling the smell but still there are things going on that are going to smell - just like around a farm field or an animal feeding or slaughtering place. i understand, it does have a very strong smell. even while i enjoy some aspects of the smell i can't tolerate the full close up smell of it for long. i have to hold my breath when i'm around it.

for the price of what you'd pay at a dispensary it is well worth growing your own if you need it (a single large plant can give you a few thousand $) - the quality is much different from what i got into as a kid. much stronger now, go easy at first.

hemp used to be regulated in MI but it is available to be grown now and i'm not sure how closely they monitor it - i've not checked.

the most important point is that it is no longer a crime and people can't be harrassed or put in jail for doing something primarily to themselves.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It is not legal in my area but I have seen it work on a few people really fast but it kinda makes them a bit stupid. Still it looks like the most problems it causes are from random drug screens. It’s not like the pot smokers are causing the trouble the crack houses cause. Or meth….whatever that is. Actually crack and excessive violence is what gave me custody of my niece, aka HDD. Poor child was almost 13 when I got custody of her and I found out a few years later that I should have gotten custody of her a few weeks earlier than I did. Bad stuff happens in crack houses to kids. But I honestly consider weed as an herbal remedy. I have never used it though. Also a lot of the work I have done requires a perfect drug screen and even when I have been with people smoking I have been concerned about testing positive. I would have loved to be able to make an essential oil but I never even learned how to use my distiller which is probably totally destroyed or buried. I mean my niece has seizures, my husband has pain and I know a bunch of people with anxiety. 🤷‍♀️

yes, meth and crack are two different things and both are very damaging to a person over the longer term. :( the byproducts of making meth are also pretty toxic and it takes quite a bit of $ to clean up after a meth lab. not counting the explosions and fires that seem to happen.

i hope everyone can find some help and peace down there. :) see if you can help him figure out how to reduce the pain. i'd suggest things but i don't know him or what he's up against so i have to leave it there. supplements, changing work habits, listening to the docs, etc. all can help, but it is also true at times that you still end up hurting no matter what gets done.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Yes!!!! My boy is getting all his equipment ready in case he needs to do his thing. Today he was doing something I ordinarily wouldn’t think he could do and I questioned him about that…. I mean his job is blowing stuff up. Why was he working on a truck? He told me the equipment he needs to blow up stuff doesn’t move around on hopes and dreams 🤦‍♀️
Well I often marvel at the amount of junk that somehow lands on the floor. I guess you can say I found a lot today.
I had picked up DH’s doctors chairs from his office after Ida and he returned with me to collect the rest for the dance studio my niece runs and he wanted the rolling chest of drawers. So we now each have one on each side of the bed. And I have a little imported electricity on my side for assistance breathing (CPAP) and reading lamp. I don’t think my sheets are coming off too easily now. And I have a wall cleared for….book shelves??? 🤷‍♀️
I have a feeling I will be sore tomorrow. DH has been busy all day as well.
I always knew I loved my children; I just didn’t realize how much until one of them enlisted.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
... I guess one thing at a time.

one way to buy yourself some peace is to tell people that you will not be screamed at again and hang up and block. if someone is doing it in person, i'd calmly ask them to stop and then if they don't walk away. tell them that you will not tolerate it any longer. put your own peace and needs at front, especially when you have so many others around who don't need to see that also it stops the cycle of reinforcing how those kids may act in the future to others.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So yesterday was HDD’s birthday but we going to the city tonight because we have reservations at an Italian restaurant they all fell in love with. Me too actually. It’s great. And today is middle child’s birthday and she wanted garden plants so I bought her $10 worth, plus the old man threw in a few free ones. So Sis and I stopped by and wished her a happy birthday and gave her the plants and saw the children and came down the bayou. Dropped Sis off with her fruit trees and tended to my house. I discovered DH was already doing the chores and the 18 year old wanted me to pick her up from my ex because of loneliness so done. Now I got kids to start taking craft supplies out of front bedroom and put in truck to make room for them and I will take it to DH’s trailer and do my sewing and cutting there. I almost had that room ready for my bedroom when we moved to the old house. Had a weird dream involving some kind of military type fighting (plane was shot and damaged), then my dad was watching my 18 DD sleep except he passed 4 years ago and the ex asked him what he was doing and he tells the ex to sit with him and just watch. Then DS wants me to bring him a special RV which apparently was military grade stuff and tells me my dad wants him to make a cabin. So yeah….war stuff, dead people and log cabins. Creepy. But I did find my own dumpster dive fine. It hasn’t even been used.

Attachments

• 70E4E678-07D4-42CB-B33C-54BA4B539802.jpeg
    70E4E678-07D4-42CB-B33C-54BA4B539802.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 81

Latest posts