Are we living our dreams?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:hugs Remember, we're all here praying for you.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks my SS sisters.
Well, today Daddy called and DH didn't get to the phone in time, so he called me at work to call Dad. Well, he wanted me to come and help him figure out his bills. I'm not yet on his acct, with signing previleges, so I figured out Momma's system and then went thru a bunch of mail and separated what needed to be filed, what needed to be paid, thrown and settled with phone calls....etc....as well as sympathy cards. So had to get the checkbook out of Momma's purse and use Daddy's stamp to sign (he can't sign, because of tremors and his stamp is his signature)....well I paid all but 2 bills that required a fairly large deposit to cover, just to get a few little wolves away from the door and make a clearing........then (drum roll)......
I cleared her purse a little and decided what all needed to be put where in the house and what needed to be thrown. I found a paper towel, folded up and rolled. I was curious and unrolled it. There were about 8 small, dried pods about 2.5 inches, with small dark brown seeds in the pods. I have no idea what the source of this is. But I have brought them home. I'll show them to DH and see what he thinks it is. Well, certainly I feel I need to at least plant a few of these seeds to see what on Earth it is, seeings as Momma thought enough of it to save them.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Post a picture of the pods and seeds. maybe some brainiac here will know what they are. :)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just backed up a page and caught up. I am so sorry for your loss. And yes, life goes on, gotta go back to work, supper has to be fixed, dishes need cleaning up, all of life's little things still must be done. It makes you want to stop the earth from turning for a moment, but it doesn't. It will take you awhile. We are here for you whenever you need us. :hugs

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had the exact same thought. My 16 year old is sleeping at my 24 year old DD's house. I will get her to take a pic and create a file, so I can share it. Its kinda funny, Momma leaving me with this mystery.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing what you get from those seeds.

I'm glad you were able to help your dad get the bills figured out. That can be more of a problem than most people realize-especially if you pay them on line and no one else knows anything about how to pay them.

Kingsfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Rhoda, I am on my way to mass and will lift you and you family in prayer, your mom is on a prayer list also....thank you for your interesting if to say the least thread...I sincerely hope you continue here because I will be reading it...I also live in Louisiana, by Lafayette where are you? I also have had a busy life raising 6 children (all grown now ) now I raise chickens and etc...Ha. Stay healthy... Do what you can, not what you can't.. that has been good advice for me...

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Appreciate it. I'm going to an afternoon Mass. I live in Cut Off. I really have to go outside and play a little while before I get pretty. Can't tell you how bad I've been wanting to go in the garden. My 16 year old is home and took 4 pics, but claims she killed the batteries in her camera and that the white of the napkin made things too bright, so I put everything in a small cardboard box and thats when it died. I'll light a fire under her butt and get a file created real soon. My godchild is thinking its possible that Momma got the seeds from France. I said,"I can handle a little French." Wonder if its illegal to take seeds and pods out from one country, into another. Oh well......Could be anything. Godchild also wants a pic to send to France, I think....to ask the relatives if it comes from one of their gardens.