Bacon Cheese Burger Meatloaf and Bacon Explosion page 4 (if you dare!)

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Have you ever tried the Bacon Explosion

Step 1: Weave bacon mat on top of several layers of plastic wrap.

100_2115.jpg

Step 2: Prepare your favorite meatloaf recipe using ground beef, pork, and/or Italian sausage. Coat with favorite BBQ sauce. I used seasoning salt inside. I don't think I would use that much again.

100_2118.jpg

Step 3: Add crumbled cooked bacon and grated cheese. Other good additions are onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, etc.

100_2119.jpg

Step 4: Roll, using plastic wrap as a vehicle. Transfer to a baking sheet, seam side down.

100_2121.jpg

Step 5: Sprinkle with BBQ seasoning

100_2122.jpg

Step 5: Cook using your choice of methods: Oven, indirect heat on open grill, smoker. It will take a couple of hours in the oven or on the grill, and maybe 12 hours in the smoker.

And of course I can't find the rest of the pictures....argh. But after you sprinkle with the seasoning, you brush on BBQ sauce and then cook as in step 5, adding more BBQ sauce every hour. This picture is very close to how mine came out, but mine was a little larger because of the depth I patted the meat.

Serving suggestions include slice and eat on a large hamburger bun, as a sandwich, or as a main course with your choice of beans and pasta salad or slaw. Mine served eight.

baconexplosion.jpg

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
OMG!!!!! It is like a bacon football!! Where is ohiofarmgirl?? She is going to flip!

I'm speechless!! :ep

I'm imagining what my vegetarian mother would say if she saw that! I think that just might make her cuss! hahahaha!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Dang it!!

I am detoxing. I am hungry and a little spacey from lack of fat..... then I open this :th

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just gained 20 pounds reading these threads today. BBH your meatloaf is on my menu for tomorrow.:love

I've gotta work up to the bacon explosion.....maybe after my next trip to the doctor.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Dace said:
Dang it!!

I am detoxing. I am hungry and a little spacey from lack of fat..... then I open this :th
Heehee, I should have mentioned that I didn't open up any food threads when I was on mine.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
xpc said:
big brown horse said:
You can eat the bread or give it to your pibbles.
And you are the spinning part in a washing machine - I think they call it an "Agitator"
pibble pibble pibble pibble :plbb

I was the youngest of 4 I love to agitate! When there is no one around to agitate, I mess with the cat. :p He must like it as much as I do b/c he keeps coming back for more.