Bad News...

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Nifty said:
<--------------- not a big fan of snow... especially if it living in an area where it comes early and often!
It comes early and often here:>) We have had years where you could climb up onto the roof of a two story house and the kids use it as a sliding hill. This winter is supposed to be a real bad one from what I have been reading and seeing. The worst part is the snow removal bills:>)

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
We haven't got as much as MorelCabin - just a dusting, although it is still coming down considerably and will probalby continue to do so all day - but the horses sure aren't liking it. Bad Pat, I *should* have put the TBs sheets on last night, but didn't, and when I went out there this morning they were shivering. Which would be ok except that the 20 yr old would not let me get near him to put his darn sheet on :rolleyes:

Twenty minutes later I ended up having to put the other 2 in the barn and letting him walk thru the open door on his own, before I could get a halter on him and get him dressed. I'm worried about him, this is NOT normal for him... I guess I will provisionally chalk it up to being fiercely cold, but although he is not especially old for a horse, I wonder if possibly his eyesight or his mind are starting to go... :/

Hope the hay guy can deliver sometime soon.

Chickens are staying in today, as I have not winterized their runs yet. They have more space indoors than most peoples' chickens do *total*, so they are just gonna have to suck it up and cope.

Good day for sitting in the house and cooking :)

Pat

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
:/ We're in for it ourselves, its heading our way - the snow should start late tonight or early tomorrow morning - with WIND (50MPH) so its not going to be a fun few days.

By Fri/Sat we should be clearing up - but not sure how long the snow will take to melt - if it does, before MARCH!
:he

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
My birds were all out, they don't seem to mind the cold at all...they are the babies from this spring and have finally started to lay. Finally got a silkie egg this morning!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
My birds were all out, they don't seem to mind the cold at all...they are the babies from this spring and have finally started to lay. Finally got a silkie egg this morning!
COOL!!!

I've seen a few chickens out today - but we have light rain so they're not impressed. The ducks however were THRILLED when they came out this morning.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Haha the ducks would be! the wild ducks don't leave here until the lake is frozen, and it is really cold by then. Are you in Canada too Wildsky?

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Haha the ducks would be! the wild ducks don't leave here until the lake is frozen, and it is really cold by then. Are you in Canada too Wildsky?
I think your ducks move on down here for winter :gig I have seen your geese flying overhead. :gig :gig

I'm in Nebraska.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I am not ready for cold weather...I am not ready for cold weather. It would be easier to take the cold if we actually did see a decent snow every once and a while.:rolleyes:

Congrats on the egg!!:cool:

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
MorelCabin said:
I think your ducks move on down here for winter :gig I have seen your geese flying overhead. :gig :gig

I'm in Nebraska.
:yuckyuck