Bad News...

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
The "s" word has been mentioned twice this week for the northwest hills of Connecticut. I prefer cooler weather but I like just a little more autumn before snow!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I always said that if there are no more leaves on the trees it might as well snow...this year it did, and it is about two or three weeks early

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
:( Great - the storm is coming in - and now there is a tornado warning about an hour South West of us. LOVELY.

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I am ready for cooler weather as soon as I get my greenhouse frames done for my garden. I want to serve fresh green beans & peas for Thanksgiving dinner. Along with tomaoes too. So I need to frame them in. But mid 70's to low 80's would be welcome though. We are still low 90's this week.:barnie

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
:( Great - the storm is coming in - and now there is a tornado warning about an hour South West of us. LOVELY.
Now those are the kinds of storms I don't like...hope it doesn't come anywhere near you guys

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I fear I have to turn the furnace on for the first time tonight. I always try to wait till the in-house temp will not rise over 67during the day... so tonight I'll have to fire it up.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
No snow here yet, but it is chilly, so we have fired up the woodburner.

I do think it is cozy with a nice warm fire!

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ohhh I wish it would snow here. It'd be so much fun! Don't have a clue about how'd I'd get to work, but just being around snow would be totally awesome.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Wildsky said:
Now those are the kinds of storms I don't like...hope it doesn't come anywhere near you guys
The storm calmed down some - its raining here pretty steady - sounds lovely in the trees.
Ducks are flapping around the back yard like they're at a DISCO and someone put up a mirror ball. GOOFS.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
MorelCabin said:
Wildsky said:
The storm calmed down some - its raining here pretty steady - sounds lovely in the trees.
Ducks are flapping around the back yard like they're at a DISCO and someone put up a mirror ball. GOOFS.
HAHAHAHA my ducks do the same thing!