Baymule’s 2023 Diet

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
As I was preparing a cup of hot tea tonight, i tried drinking it straight....with sympathy for you & coffee. It was ok but not as pleasing as usual sugar/cream. 😟. So that won't happen again.🤣

So...keep your cream, maybe just less. Or instead of heavy cream @ 44 a tbsp, use half&half @20, fat free @9…...👍. Carbs are insignificant. Then you could still enjoy your coffee!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Supper tonight
Scallop and spinach salad
Calories 169
Carbs 6g

And

Sesame Asparagus
Calories 42
Carbs 5g

Morning coffee
1st cup
320 calories
Carbs 5g
2nd cup
250 calories
Carbs 5g

Lunch — one slice of deli Ham and 1 slice provolone cheese.

Ham calories 60. Carbs 1

Provolone cheese calories 80 carbs 0

Total calories 921

Total carbs 22

I am weak. I have caramel popcorn from Buc-ees when I got Buford yesterday.

1/2 cup calories 110
Carbs 24

Revised calories 1031
Revised carbs 46

Supper tonight

92CBE619-B284-400A-B2D4-F4994E88904A.jpeg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
... I want to see if the way I'm eating will change my LDL [particle analysis]. I am at risk for atherosclerosis, so I really need to figure out what makes my body work better.

good luck! for me just sticking to level this time of the year is an accomplishment. holding steady.

one thing i've found for the longer term is that if i'm consistent enough most of the week then a day here or there where i eat more is ok. it's not ideal, but at least i can splurge once in a while. since my stomach is shrunk i can't really pack it in any longer anyways. eating a lot of small meals. so like this past weekend we had a family gathering and i had a lunch serving of sliced beef and onions and an eggroll and i was plenty full enough. skipped the rice (we make something else with that eventually - rice pudding with raisins or ...).

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My weight this morning was 132.7 pounds. But this evening I’ll weigh 3-4 pounds heavier. Why do I weigh more at night?
My starting weight was 137, but that night, it was 141. I dunno.

coffee, salts, sugars holding in more liquid is my guess.
My sister and I have been doing Noom to loose weight. She weighs 1x weekly - same day, same time, same clothes...
I weigh every time I pass the scale and am entertained by how much it will change in a single day from hour to hour.
Like.. HOW do I gain 2 lbs during the night??? Same Pjs as I went to bed in - haven't gone to the bathroom or eaten/drank anything.. but 2lbs heavier!!!
Guess that explains why it's so hard to get out of bed some days.. Sleep is HEAVY.

must be doing something different or your scale isn't accurate or something.

because there have been done really controlled measurements/experiments and it is true that you will lose weight while sleeping.

when you metabolise fats and sugars (stored in your body fat or liver) you will be breathing out the results of those things being used up (water vapor and CO2).

p.s. welcome back to SS, i don't recall seeing you post here before. it could also be that i've forgotten. :)

Simpleterrier

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The best is to weigh once a week in the morning. Most pick Wednesday morning to be the most accurate. I'm always 3 lbs less in the morning. Last time I was at Dr I was asked if I got the weight loss papers cause I'm over weight and need to lose weight I'm 6' tall 36 yrs old and 190lbs I wanted to ask the the 5' 4" 300lb nurse if they got the weight loss papers yet but I didn't. My goal is to stay under 200 until I'm 65 then I don't care I got up to 210 one time now I'm at 186 and I like to see 180. A few pounds off does make u feel better

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'll be losing some weight this week and especially next. I'm on a low residue diet and then a colonoscopy on Tuesday. I'm way overdue and have been having problems.

Get a colonoscopy folks!! It saved my husband's life over the last 15 years. They have scraped off polyps each time he had one, until last December 2019, where he was clear!!!!:weee

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Valentines Day would have been my 27th anniversary. But it’s not. Went to town today, hit the sale aisle and got a box of Valentine’s candy. Ate 3 pieces. Yuck. I mean YUCK. I feel like I need to clean my mouth out with a Brussels sprout.

View attachment 22748
Congrats! Or condolences on the chocolate? Not sure! :gig

I have avoided ultra processed food for long enough that chips and fried foods smell rancid/oxidized.🤮