BBH's new adventure in dairy sheep! PICS!! (Was 'goodbye SS!')

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Soooo precious!!! I like the name Oliver. My ram's name was Dodge. Dh thought of it. It actually fit him in a way we never intended either. We had to "dodge" him everytime we went out.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Thanks you guys!

At the beginning of the school year, I told Sam that I would get her a puppy if she passed all her classes...thinking she wouldn't pass all of her classes. Well, guess what? For the first time in her life, she is passing all her classes (with flying colors I might add, thanks FREE!!!). *

So day before yesterday I sat her down to do a little bargaining with the whole puppy/lamb thing. It worked!! Especially when I added in the "I'll pick you up from school early too". Yup, hook, line and sinker.

YEA!!! I'm off the hook for a new puppy. Puppies pale in comparison to little white and pink lambs every spring anyway! Not to mention, you can't milk them!

The look on her (our) faces when we saw that little fella for the first time! :love I think we both let out little, girly squeals!

Oh, and he was pip popping all through the kitchen earlier! I'm so glad lambs do it too!!! :clap

*Disclaimer: I don't like bribing kids, but I was desperate!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
D A M N you BBH!! NEXT time put up WARNINGS that you have cute sheep pictures in the thread. :he :he

The Wife just happened to look over about the time I opened your post with that cute little sheep in it. :th

I want you to know that I'm in deep doo-doo now. All I'm gonna here for the next couple of weeks is "I want a baby sheep like THAT lady has!"
:he :he :he :he :he

He is a cute little pooper though! :clap

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Sorry SKR8PN! :gig Thanks everyone!

I just took him out in the yard and let him follow me while I did my chores. The yard is sloped so he got a good workout going up and down that hill. I gave him a nice warm bottle of milk and a little more warm water and he is knocked smooth out on the kitchen rug. :) The dogs are napping with him.

Kitty ran away. :rolleyes:

I have a call in for an e. Friesian ewe. I may not have to wait till next year if the price is right! ;) Cross your fingers for me. :fl

I couldn't buy any from Oliver's owner b/c the babies all have the same dad this year. (She only wanted $100 for a ewe too!!)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Awwwww...cute cute cute!!!!

What a great little prize for your Sam :thumbsup

*sigh* everyone has pip poppers :rant

DH just asked me if I woudl be interested in calling it a day and moving to Costa Rica :lol: who knows, maybe there is a great adventure in my future...I bet I could have a few pip poppers down there!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Well, Dace, if it makes you feel any better, I can't have any either because of our big bad bobcat.

Congratulations, BBH, on your sweet new addition to the backyard! I'm impressed that Sam chose the lamb over a puppy.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
Well, Dace, if it makes you feel any better, I can't have any either because of our big bad bobcat.

Congratulations, BBH, on your sweet new addition to the backyard! I'm impressed that Sam chose the lamb over a puppy.
It does make me feel better! :woot You and me DM ...we'll catch up to them all at some point.

Got a bob cat problem huh? Whew, that is a biggie.