Bee~ Journal of then...

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
OH shoot all the animals that SING in the night!

My neighbor in the pasture behind has a donkey and a dog together. The donkey gets going soooo loud and the dog barks, then the other neighbors dog starts a small high pitched yapping......I have guns, I am so close to using them ya know!

I feel for ya. Lack of sleep is a killer! It was a rough time for you!

Get the heck off the puter and go to bed! I know, easier said then done :(

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed your home is gorgeous!!!!

have you ever tried deer jerky? its so awesome :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
RTRChick said:
Beekissed your home is gorgeous!!!!

have you ever tried deer jerky? its so awesome :)
You kiddin? Was raised on it! My momma makes the best homemade recipe for deer jerky around...and all natural ingredients. Though, NOW, I have the Three Bears that eat all the jerky like a bunch of oinkers and I rarely get any! :smack

I told them if they got enough deer this season, I would make them some jerky...enough deer for THAT much jerky would be....Oh...about 6! :p

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Oh my, that is quite a night! I'll have to make sure not to complain about my separated male quail, who's bullying all the others, calling out every half hour or so. Or the guy nextdoor who works as a contractor and gets home and works on his house until 12 am. Or his little girl who shrieks and causes me to run thinking the coyote has one of my birds!
:lol: It's down-right quiet around here.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Ugh!!! What a night! I hate not getting enough sleep. Sorry about all of the improvising (sp) you had to do at work today, too. Just adds more on already tired, sleep deprived, wound up shoulders. I hope today is better for you. :hugs

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Apparently, the babes have been shipped to market...back to silence of the....well, except for the occasional crowing, of course.

Guess What!!!!??? I had my Countryside all along but my goofball children had put in under a stack of crap in my office! Cleaning out my office today, I discovered a very, very good issue of Countryside and I'm going to settle in by the fire tomorrow and read until my eyes hurt!!! :weee

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Apparently, the babes have been shipped to market...back to silence of the....well, except for the occasional crowing, of course.

Guess What!!!!??? I had my Countryside all along but my goofball children had put in under a stack of crap in my office! Cleaning out my office today, I discovered a very, very good issue of Countryside and I'm going to settle in by the fire tomorrow and read until my eyes hurt!!! :weee
See, it's a good day after all.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Boy do I know about the calf weaning problem!! My BIL does it, and his cattle lot is...oohhh, about 200 feet from my house!!! So I do sympathize with you on THAT one! lol

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
pioneergirl said:
Boy do I know about the calf weaning problem!! My BIL does it, and his cattle lot is...oohhh, about 200 feet from my house!!! So I do sympathize with you on THAT one! lol
I never knew cows could MAKE those sounds!!!! Kind of sounded like a constipated...... ape x 50 !

I bet all the city slickers that move to the country are just thrilled to hear that!!! Who could even care to complain about a Sweet Lou after hearing this? :D

Getting Chocolate Jake neutered next week....for free!!! Heard about the local animal shelter needing people to sign up for the free spay/neuter program....they won't get anymore grants until they use the current one.

I was just going to calf band the pup because he's driving Lucy crazy with his "over zealous playing" <insert humping> and she's just too old to put up with all that nonsense!

Soooooo.......FREE! YAY!! :weee

And all the SS folks sing, "Do-do-do, do-do-do...." :bun

He'll be a new man...er...dog..afterwards and can maybe think clearly for the first time in his life!! :D