Bee~ Journal of then...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Went to a going away party at our church for my son, Eli. I made Mom's Coney Island Hot Dog Sauce and it was scrumptious!!! Fresh deer burger makes the best beef for recipes...not greasy, crumbles easily and taste soooo good.

There weren't many kids there but they had a good time and are now all in bed tuckered out. It was a good day!

Every star in the sky out tonight and its soooo lovely it makes my heart ache. For the past few years, since we moved here really, I can't keep my eyes off the sky. For some reason, it seems closer and more clear, so beautiful!

We sometimes will lay a thick blanket out on the ground, add pillows and a warm down comforter, and watch for shooting stars. The dogs and cat lie down with us and we all solve the world's problems and talk about God, Heaven, the meaning of it all.

We have a good life, my boys and I. I think we know it and it helps when the other stressors in life threaten to get to us. The love we have and the beauty we see every day, the joy we celebrate....well, its just better than all the riches in the world!

On a different topic...my new meat grinder that I used one time last year broke today! I wish dearly that I had picked up a hand grinder at an auction we helped with this summer...they went for around $5! Guess the boys will have to put up with canned deer meat this year....what a pity! :p (I love it...they don't!) :D

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Oh I know how you feel about the stars!! I sit in my hot tub in the colder months (just on the deck in the warm ones) and watch for shooting stars as well. Last night I saw 3!! Its funny, I've been in mid-sentence with the DH and suddenly hear him say "honey, you stopped talking and zoned out on the sky....come back to earth" LOL Its crazy how it pulls you in, like watching a fire.

Seahound

Power Conserver
Reaction score
YOur rent a farm is beautiful. I cant get over the scenery from your property !! How beautiful it must be to see that view everyday !!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
It is! And, believe it or not, this is not one of the better views in this county! Around every turn you find a vista, my favorite being over the border in Virginia. There is a 42 mile long valley called Blue Grass Valley that is stunningly beautiful and I often wonder what the very first settlers thought when they saw it.

At the top of the mountain past my house is an overlook that will take your breath away. The first month I was here, I had to pass this overlook each day. I must have taken 3 rolls of film of the changing look of the land from that viewpoint!

It overlooks a beautiful valley and a set of mountain range called Germany Valley. All the clouds up here are blue bottomed white puff balls and they leave shadows on the mountains as they glide by. The mountains are purple and shades of blue(now with a dusting of red,umber,maroon), the valley green, brown and purple and the sky so blue....I can't even describe the beauty of it all. It looks like someone took a very colorful patchwork quilt and threw it down....all the contours of the mountains are just the peaks and valleys in the quilt.

Of all the areas I've seen in WV, this area is the most beautiful in the whole state. I'm truly blessed to have found it, that is for sure!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I think I'm going to just pack up and go to YOU instead Bekissed! ;) Yup, next year, when I get really mad at DH ( we only fight once a year, but it is usually a doozy...already had this years...a couple of weeks ago) So next year I'm going to enjoy the mountains at your place! He'll never find me there either...and I will just take my time coming home :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
I think I'm going to just pack up and go to YOU instead Bekissed! ;) Yup, next year, when I get really mad at DH ( we only fight once a year, but it is usually a doozy...already had this years...a couple of weeks ago) So next year I'm going to enjoy the mountains at your place! He'll never find me there either...and I will just take my time coming home :lol: :lol: :lol:
Swing by to visit me! :D

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
BeeKissed, you do have a way with words. I think you did an excellent job with your vivid description..."a very beautiful patchwork quilt, and just threw it down."

There is nothing prettier than mountains in the fall.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Actually, next summer I will have two empty bedrooms. What we should do is arrange a SS swap kind of thing, where we all go visit each other's homes and see what their life is like, share ideas, see where and how they live, etc. Wouldn't that be cool?

That way, everyone can take a vacation in another part of the country without paying for hotels! Eat home cooked, healthy meals, learn new things, talk to people with shared interests and maybe take home a few house gifts from their place, bring a few gifts from yours.

I volunteer to do this first!!!! :frow I'll bring a quilt block, collect a different block at each house, sew them together while I'm there and, at the end of the trip, have a block from each house.....sort of a SS quilt of the US/Canada!

Anyway......just a thought!!! :D

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Y'all would come here and say, "What a rip off!" when you have to sleep on sagging twin beds and sit on "teen" worn furniture! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can, however, mix up a mean Mud Slide! ;) :D