Bee~ Journal of then...

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Geeze Ticks, that is scary and DANGEROUS! Good grief...you two boys and your injuries....you are gonna make us old mommy types get all lecture-y on ya.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Dang, ticks. What were you thinking? Anything followed by the words "Watch this" is not good.

Don't you realize what could have happened? Don't ever do that again!

Now that you've gotten pretty much the same scolding I would have given my DS . . . :hugs :hugs :hugs that you'll be OK.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Okay, ticks.....I feel I must say this, just like I would to my own son. :somad :old :he

I know all men, great or small, feel this tremendous Superman complex----a state of mind that makes them think they are like Superman, or in this case, Wile E. Coyote........ :rolleyes: You feel that, like the cartoons, you can jump, crash, fall or otherwise demolish your body and it will snap back and be as good as new. Maybe a few bruises, a cut or two....hey, chicks dig it, so why not?

I also hate to admit it but I have grown to actually.....um....er...ahem.....care about you and Blackbird and my spine actually shortened a few inches when I read your post.

I want you to imagine all that quick wit, brilliant mind and youthful vitality you possess.....and imagine it trapped in your brain case atop a useless, flaccid body. A body that someone will have to feed(usually through a tube), that a ventilator will have to pump air into, a tube will drain the urine from your useless hoo-hoo, and some stranger or even your mother will have to roll you over and wipe your but each time you soil yourself.

Imagine living a long time like this.

No more hunting, no more pheasants or SS lifestyle. No more computer unless your folks have tons of money and can afford the apparatus that allows you to scroll and mouse with a puffer or motion sensor glasses.

I have cared for and cried over just such young men as yourself who are living this nightmare existence in a nursing facility....far from others of their own age. Can't scratch an itch, can't relieve the pain or pressure unless someone does it for you and you develop huge wounds.

Trampolines are one of the biggest causes of spinal cord injury in children in the US. I have no idea why they are still on the market.

I beg you.....no I am down on my knees pleading for you to never, never treat your body as a disposable item again. If you are lucky you may die.....if not, you may wish you could. :(

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Holy Smokes Ticks!! ( here comes the mommy in me too)
What were you thinking!? Do you for one minute think, those people you were showing off to will be there to change your soiled sheets, change out a catheter, or clean out your feeding tubes.??? NO, they wont...now dont you ever let me hear of you doing something that crazy again!
Whew....rant over! LOL
Hope everything is OK...and you learned a great lesson! :hugs
Quail...we will be going down around Louisville....but out in the sticks. Last time we were there, I actually heard someone off down in the hollar, playing a banjo. Before I knew it, my foot was tapping, and I had a big old smile on my face! :D

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
well I had done it plenty of times. You know what they say though, s**t happens. I got lucky I realize that. I'm selling my $300 trampoline now. Anyone want it?

Bidding starts at $500

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ticks said:
well I had done it plenty of times. You know what they say though, s**t happens. I got lucky I realize that. I'm selling my $300 trampoline now. Anyone want it?

Bidding starts at $500
:yuckyuck :lol: What a smart young man!! THATS what I wanted to hear....hope it sells..and FAST! If not, think about useing it for a shade for a poultry pen! ;)

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Actually the good part about large trampolines is that if there is one of those child protecting nets along the side you can alter it to go over a pen to keep flying birds in. The net part that you jump on can be cut and sewn over a metal fishing net frame. And lastly, after you've got nothing but the metal frame of your trampoline, you can use it as a portable pen, just fence the metal legs in with wire. Of course you can always keep the net you jump on connected to it for flying birds.

Can you tell I've done this before?

We never had enough money for a big trampoline, but we've found parts on junk days that we've used for similar mentioned things.

Latest posts