Bee's Guest House

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That's so funny.....because I don't drink coffee and only have some in my house because my Mom insisted. :lol: But sticky buns? I have a great recipe! :drool

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
She is doing amazingly great!!! I'm so proud of the way she is developing her independence and trying new things. New things to her would be very common place things to us....things like going to town anytime she wants, checking out as many books from the library that she wants or even getting to go to the library, decorating her house a little to reflect a more feminine influence, etc.

She really misses Dad and being a couple but she's putting a brave face on it and trying not to be lonely by keeping very busy.

Gypsi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good for her. And now, I must go to work! Business is too slow, have to put a mailer out.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
We are the music-makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world forever, it seems.
- - - -Arthur O'Shaughnessy

When I am dead, my dearest,
Sing no sad songs for me:
Plant thou no roses at my head,
Nor shady cypress tree.
Be the green grass above me
With showers and dewdrops wet:
And if thou wilt, remember
And if thou wilt, forget.
- - - -Christina Rossetti "Song"

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Okay...here it is, ladies. I need your opinion on the working title to this book....I prayed and I believe that God has given me my title. Please give your opinion on this one....for a book about how to live strong while being poor, tips on the same, how-to's on growing, killing, making, preserving foods, life and how to get through it, getting by, living on faith through hard times,etc.~What Mama Told Me.

I think the title can encompass many things...and will. Would you grab this book off the shelf in a section about self-sufficienct/self-reliant living books?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Bee, I think that's a great name! It is down to earth, simple, and yet has very complex connotations. I think it's perfect :)

I don't think there are other SS books out either that their titles even resemble that, so it would be refreshing, and jump out at you moreso than other titles. Everybody listens when Mama talks ;) I like it!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I think it definately is promising :) Congrats on settling on a title!