Bee's Guest House

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Get that Book out and do some more reading. That should calm any fears or doubts that are left.
I went and did just that and I will tell you what I found! My Bible has these little inserts of inspiration that kind of paraphrase different verses that fit a situation you may be going through. In the section labeled Perspectives and Peace, I was looking for the page I found last night and the pages kept turning to another page over and over...this is what it said:

Rest in Me, My child. Give your mind a break from planning and trying to anticipate what will happen. Pray continually, asking My Spirit to take charge of the details of this day. Remember that you are on a journey with Me. When you try to peer into the future and plan for every possibility, you ignore your constant Companion who sustains you moment by moment. As you gaze anxiously into the distance, you don't even feel the strong grip of My hand holding yours. How foolish you are, My child!

Remembrance of Me is a daily discipline. Never lose sight of My Presence with you. This will keep you resting in Me all day, every day!

1 Thessalonians 5:17; Psalm 62:5
Isn't it amazing that our God is so personal that He is there at every moment of every day and guides me so completely as to open my Bible at the exact place I needed to read and the exact message I needed to have?

Incredible!!!

Thank you, Aly and Farm, for your support this morning....I really, really needed the advice from Godly women today. Bless you so very much and may God smile upon you always, as I know He does!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Got back from visiting the Ol' Bat and helping her to makeover her cabin....lots of heavy lifting, overhead work, and frustration! But....it is finally starting to morph into a cozy, comfortable and beautiful place in which to repose and chat. For years her cabin was stark, barely furnished and dark in the evenings and at night....NOT conducive to company, comfort or beauty. No lighting that showcased the natural beauty of the logs and the golden, earthy colors of the wood floors, too monochromatic in the color scheme or too jarring in the moods of the colors used.

My mother is, admittedly, not the one to decorate things and usually just did what Dad wanted~NOT a good idea in any house to let the guy decide on decorating unless he has unusually good taste. She hasn't even had a couch for 20 years!!!! Two second hand recliners, a saggy daybed and a 50 year old wing chair was the sum total of her living room furnishings. :sick

She is now LOVING the changes and is excited about the additional ones we will implement as time and money allow. We are also going to give her attached trailor an updated look this winter with just a few gallons of paint and some small touches here and there.

The cabin now glows at night with well-placed string lighting, the multitude of antlers are now arranged artfully in a beautiful and unusual display on the long center beam, a large and cushy sectional is now in place with other furniture pieces to be added and grouped for conversation areas. A moss green paint has been added to the window frames and linen Roman shades to the windows, art to the walls, multiple lighting solutions for evening/nighttime use, lots and lots of comfortable seating, rustic/country votive solutions in the windows, rugs and throws to be added for pools of color, more paint to give color to the large entertainment center and baskets.

I will post the before and after pics when the project is done and the sum total of the cost of the makeover, if anyone is interested. I LOVE doing things like this!! :D

Had a great visit with Dad last night, helped him get ready for bed, trimmed his fingernails and toenails, straightened up his room and closet and watched a movie with him until he fell asleep~he fell asleep in all of about 5 minutes! :p He is doing very well since we placed memory foam on his mattress, a cuddly fleece blanket on his bed and a TV in his room....he can sit in his bed with his feet up and watch a western, take a nap, actually sleep in his bed instead of in a chair in the hallway(his usual place) and get some swelling out of his legs and feet. He looks great, acts happy and calm and can carry on a good conversation, still has a good sense of humor and very rarely has any anxiety anymore. He has adapted well to this place and I thank God for his placement there and the God-given calm in his life!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Great news! I am so glad that you are able to make such a big difference in your parents lives. :hugs

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
It's fun, Farm! I don't know if I'd be as willing to do it if it weren't..... :D I'm finding this stage in my parent's life to be challenging but rewarding, they are more mellow and easy to live around now and they both are weathering changes pretty well.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow, Bee you father sounds as if he has had a night and day change. So wonderful to hear he is content and doing well.

It surprises me that the Bat never really decorated her place. She was so on the ball when she came and helped with yours. Is this the same cabin you grew up in? The one you lived off grid in?

Either way it's great to hear shes settling into her new digs I can't wait to see the pics.

g

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
No, this isn't the cabin in which we lived off grid.....but you can shoot an arrow and almost hit that one from this one! :p When she comes to my place to help, she just paints the colors I suggest/buy! :D

Mom is more the practical type and she doesn't like clutter or froofroo stuff....incidentally, neither do I, but I do like harmony of color, texture, shape and comfort. Most of all, comfort.

Yes, G, Dad has come quite a ways but I give God all the credit. He was on the same meds and in the stage of ALZ and PTSD that he is now but I started to actively pray that God would bring him peace in his mind and heart. And God supplied. Dad's behaviors are very abnormal for his stage of disease and the meds didn't change....just he did. For that, I can only believe that God answered my prayers and had mercy on my Dad. There is no other explanation and even the medical professionals in both facilities that he was in at the time were amazed at the change in his behaviors.....you have my word that this is not typical at this stage in ALZ.

Praise God for his love and tender mercies! :bow

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bee, I haven't been on here in a long while, but when I did lurk, I missed you. And often I would find myself thinking about in the middle of the day - for no apparent reason. I'm glad to find you in good spirits and that your family is doing as well as they are. I was so sad when you got rid of all your animals, but I completely understood your reason for doing so.

I'm still waiting to read that book - I know it will be a wealth of information for any and everyone.

Anyway, just wanted to stop in, sit a spell on your porch and tell you I'm glad to see you again.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
KC! Haven't seen you for so long! :hugs I love it when people stop by and sit on the porch to relax and talk. What were you thinking when you thought of me?? :p :lol: Good things, I hope!

I will most certainly provide a link to my website when I get it up and running, and give you all a sample of the book to see how you guys like it. And you have to be honest! It would really help me if you guys posed questions about the book so I could answer them as I write it...this book will be a hodgepodge of memoir, how-to make do on the cheap, how-to on producing and putting up food, and a good bit about strong women who make the world go round.

I'm hoping it finds a good market and pays enough to warrant a second version featuring some of you lovely ladies doin' it in the modern world~what you produce, how you do it on small acreage, why you are doing it, etc. Then I would get to travel around and interview one of you for each chapter...that would be the funnest thing ever!

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Only good things, Bee. I picture you in a lovely rolling field with bees and butterflies just flitting all around you. You've had such hard times and kept you head through it all and I so admire that.

Start on that book - I'm anxious to read it. It might become a series - like The Little House on the Prairie - only better.