Bee's Guest House

bambi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bee....... this is exciting, When do you think you start publishing your book?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Nice title! Very approriate and not the ordinary title for an SS book!! I like it!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I love the title too. No only would I buy it I WILL buy it - well :idunno I will when its available. But you better hurry up - I am getting old you know. :lol:

I am so excited for you.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Great title Bee.I'd say a good many of us know what we know today because of mama or mamaw. I'd say you got a winner. Can't wait 'til I see you on the Today Show telling the world about not only your book, but your life.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Love that title!!! I can't wait to buy your book Bee!!

Can you think up a great name for a country quilt shop? LOL!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Love that title!!! I can't wait to buy your book Bee!!

Can you think up a great name for a country quilt shop? LOL!
A Stitch in Time
The Quilt Block

That's all I got :p Back in the day, they'd have a barn raisin' and the men folk worked on the barn while the women folk cooked and spent the downtime around a quilting frame stitching up quilts and the kids did what kids do...run in and out of the house like wild indians :D It sure would be nice to have things like that again. We used to sit around grandmas quilting frame in her lvingroom and watch her and my mom and aunts and even a few uncles, quilting. I miss those days :(

Darn, there I go thread jacking. Sorry Bee :hide

When is your book gonna be out?! Are ya done yet? :lol:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Thank you all so much for the feedback! It was just what I needed! :D I had to settle on a title so I could get a webpage up and running, using the same name as the book. I intend to develop the webpage along with writing the book and I'd dearly love to have you all visit it, blog on it and give me ideas of what you are looking for in a book of this kind so I can incorporate some of your wants into the book.

The webpage will contain contents and excerpts of the book, pics from the book and will just contain some downhome, tell it like it is advice and tips on everything from canning to chickens and life...not necessarily in that order! :p It might have info you already know, some you don't...it will have an index so you can reference the material quickly and it will have some amusing and some touching stories that I have experienced....and some that my mama told me.

This will be one of the most fun and satisfying projects I've ever done...if it doesn't get picked up by a publisher, I will offer it up as an ebook for anyone who would like to read it. I just want to do it....have always wanted to do it.

I'm getting high speed internet this Friday.... :weee :celebrate :woot :bun :ya :weee And will then start to work on the webpage and the book...Hallelujah!!!! It is all coming together and starting...to God be the glory! :bow

Morel, I suggest you pray for a name for your shop....that is exactly what I did for this book~finally! I have spent some time thinking of something original to call this thing and listed so many potential names that my head was spinning. Finally I just asked God to give me one and He immediately gave it to me....I tried it out on the Ol' Bat and she reacted enthusiastically~which she hadn't done for any of the other titles I offered up....to me that was a sign.

I think your quilts are simply heavenly! Maybe Heavenly Quilts is an appropriate name.....but I'd consult God first! :D :lol:

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh Bee!
You must be soo excited, how can you stand it?:celebrate

hurry with that website, I want to visit soon!

I just know you will be published and I will be able to tell people I knew you from here, before you were famous.

Love the title, so very catchy and original.

God will surely bless your endevour.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Guess who has high speed internet???? :cool: :weee :weee :weee :weee

I never imagined the difference between this and dial-up!!!! It's so darn fast it leaves dust clouds when it moves!!! :woot