Best Apple Peeler/Corer ???

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
People wonder why I still like to do dishes by hand. Same reason - the hot water feels great on my achy hands!

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
People wonder why I still like to do dishes by hand. Same reason - the hot water feels great on my achy hands!
I do it because I can't afford a dishwasher with a sterilize setting :lol:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I don't have a dishwasher because it seems ridiculous to work at rinsing dishes, loading the dishwasher and then having to unload it~lots of bending, etc~when one can simply stand up, run some water, wash the dishes, rinse and place in the rack. Lovely, quick and simple to do and also allows you time to look out your kitchen window, plan things, solve the world's problems and talk to your mama on speaker phone! :D

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We don't have a dishwasher because the kitchen is too small; but even if it were bigger, DH believes they are hard on the septic system. Same with disposals.

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My kitchen is too small for dishwasher too. I can't spare the cabinet space I'd lose. But since there is only the two of us, it's easy enough to wash up by hand, especially if I wash as I cook. And I spend a lot of time staring out the kitchen window too! :D

Now if only they made a mini countertop model for washing just the silverware... for some reason I loathe washing those by hand.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
JRmom said:
My kitchen is too small for dishwasher too. I can't spare the cabinet space I'd lose. But since there is only the two of us, it's easy enough to wash up by hand, especially if I wash as I cook. And I spend a lot of time staring out the kitchen window too! :D

Now if only they made a mini countertop model for washing just the silverware... for some reason I loathe washing those by hand.
Those countertop models are perfect for sterilizing baby bottles and canning jars, I have seen them on Craigslist for around 50.00 used where I live. http://www.compactappliance.com/Por...utm_term=danby countertop dishwashers&src=msn

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
My kitchen is too small too, and we just did a slight kitchen remoder, and I got rid of the dishwasher. I never used the dern thing, so why bother having it take up valuable drawer space.