Beverage Costs: Another Soapbox Moment

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
AND -- except for cooling, there is no waiting as with the wine & milk liquer. Nice. Time for some more Baileys to be whipped up.:cool:

Wanna, the carrots are high fiber, also high sugar. But, better for you than a Dove bar. For me, I love carrots but, Dove wins! :lol:

Britesea, low-carb??? Is this why we don't see menus and desserts much anymore? You've put a lot of us on diets.:idunno

I rarely have a soda. Sure like my coffee (black) & hot tea with cream & a touch of sugar. My well has great water, which I carry with me in a bottle for drinking when out & about. Use very little sugar -- until I set the wines in motion. At least it was free sugar! :rolleyes:

Restaurants are rarely visited. Maybe once a year... a birthday or such for someone.

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Amaretto:

1 cup water
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar

Boil until the sugars are dissolved and let cool.

Stir in
2 Tablespoons almond extract
2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
2 cups of vodka

That's it folks!

What a great money saving recipe.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses , I could still post some good desserts- like the Death By Chocolate Cheesecake, with 5.22 net grams of carbs per slice, and the keto Nutella with 3 grams per 2 Tbsp... but I'm still experimenting with sweeteners. Stevia is great, but has a licorice-type aftertaste that can be objectionable in some application. Erithritol (Swerve) is pretty good, but it's not really natural. I just found one I'm going to try that is primarily chicory root and orange peel.

I found an old recipe for Amaretto that used peach pits for the almond flavor (apparently the cyanide within the pits is either neutralized in the process, or else is such a small amount that it's harmless?) I should try to find the recipe again *sigh*

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Look up Stevia studies....and artificial sweeteners...to see the effects it has on fooling the brain and your system to actually help you retain weight. Not trying to talk you out of the diet you are on Britesea, since you are losing weight, but you are playing with fire and your system on this diet. There is just so much documentation that a high protein and fat diet, with little carbs, is a time bomb waiting to go off.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, let me settle this sugar thing.......

Sugar comes from sugar beets and beets are vegetables! So clearly, sugar is in the vegetable family!

Sugar also comes from sugar cane and sugar cane is in the grass family, so think of it as munching on hay!

Sounds healthy to me, dunno what the heck everybody's problem is...

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
chocolate-comes-from-a-tree-is-a-plant-tshirt-zoom.jpg

Latest posts