ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
checking in to see how she is doing....

ps give Chase the finger from me...

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
The vet called. Blossom is perky and doing well. She had several seizures yesterday. They gave her tranquilizers. He wants to keep her 'til tomorrow, just in case she has any more seizures.
He indicated that he suspected Polio more than plant poisoning. I tend to agree with him. We watch them carefully when they are out and about and I checked my poisonous plant list and even though it is possible that she got a wisteria pod, I doubt it. She also wasn't interested in her milk on Saturday. We attributed it to the milk being cold.

:weee I am so happy that she is still with us and doing so much better.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
glad she is doing better!

we suspected Polio when Debbie had her bad spell. the fix was easy as pie -- vitamin b. and it totally fixed her wagon.

hope she makes a full recovery!
:)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Oh, I was so worried about her! I'm glad she is doing better!

Who is Chase? Give him the finger from me too. :p OFG, you always know the right words to say! :lol:

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
OFG, you always know the right words to say
it always helps if you track down the SVP of Consumer Banking... tends to get you an answer. i got my desired response from the other Worst Bank In The World
;-)

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hahaha I wondered who Chase was, too :p

It sure is a relief to hear Blossom's feeling better. Here's hoping she continues to improve :fl

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I visited Blossom this afternoon at the vet hospital. She looked so tiny in the big horse stall. They had a heat lamp on her and she was sleeping in a corner.
I helped her up and she snuggled up to me. Then she proceeded to chew her cud, which she alternated with eating some alfalfa. She ate the whole time I was there. She is really wobbly on her legs and keeps pressing her head against the wall.
I stayed for 1 1/2 hour. At the end of that time she layed down and went to sleep, her head on the t-shirt I wore yesterday, so it had my smell on it. I managed to sneak out, so she didn't notice I left.

The vet is continuing vitamin B1 shots and electrolytes. I will hopefully be able to take her home tomorrow.

Poor Flower is lonely without her sister. I spent a lot of time with her again today. At bedtime I grabbed a chicken (Cassidy, our red sex link) and stuck her in the pen with Flower.
I can now call Flower by her name, slap my thigh and she comes running and stays by my side.

Gosh, they are so lovable.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
So glad to hear things are improving! Soon they will be all back together again. :)