Blossom & Flower, a sporatic goat journal _ I think Billy has CL

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Blossom took a turn for the worse today. SHe had a hard time taking her bottle, same as yesterday. I gave her her Vit B1 shot around 11am and some carrots to keep her occupied. Within a minute she was straining her body, peed, pooped baad loudly and the proceded to regurgitate the carrots. It was scary. I just stayed with her. SO came out and brought a bottle of electrolites. She wouldn't have it. After about an hour she settled down. Some time later she ate some alfalfa and the same thing happened all over again, just not as violent. Each time she ate something solid, this happened. so we brought her inside and now she only has water.

She has had repeted convulsions with vomitting this evening. Now she is spitting up clear, foamy and slimy liquid.
I called the vet and described everything that has been going on and he thinks we should try and give her milk only for about a week. That is what I wanted to do, so I am glad he thinks so too.

Looks like we need more prayers. :fl

I am going to sleep on the couch next to Blossom tonight.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh no! Im so sorry she relapsed. Extra prayers sent for her, and you! Sounds like the liquid diet wil be the best thing for her now. Poor baby.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
So scary. Just like a baby or toddler, sleeping next to them while they are sick so that you can be on the alert 100% of the time is the right thing to do.

Now that it is morning, almost 9 a.m. our time, how is the babycakers today?

btw: I'm concerned about convulsions.....serious stuff, I would think.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope she pulls through! I bet she appreciated your presence over the night.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs Hope she is on the mend today.