Booker81's Journal...Backward Steps again...favorite healing tips?

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Good Job!

Yes, duct tape conquers all..................

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Nice transformation! Baby steps baby! :woot

I think you kitchen is very inviting, I love the brick work.

I did have to laugh though at the doily heart on the frig....is that from last Valentines day? :lol:

booker81

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Dace said:
Nice transformation! Baby steps baby! :woot

I think you kitchen is very inviting, I love the brick work.

I did have to laugh though at the doily heart on the frig....is that from last Valentines day? :lol:
Oh no my friend, that there doily heart is from 2009!. :D I think I have 2010's doily heart at work - along with other fabulous pieces of toddler art!

The brick work is kinda funny...back when I moved in with hubby, I hated the kitchen. I'll have to see if I can get some pictures up. They had painted the brick (which is fake), blue and cream, and it was very dirty. The cupboards hadn't been scrubbed in decades probably. There was more fun going on as well.

Since then, I've painted everything (except the top there where I took off the false front), and have cut more of the cupboards out to fit the fridge. I want to get rid of the awesome "gold" flecked linoleum, but I haven't found anything yet at the ReStore I want to get.

Thank you for the nice comments too - I like it. When I have the L shaped counter cleared, it really is a nice work area.

booker81

Power Conserver
Reaction score
So, going backwards again - set for a lovely Valentines Day of knee reconstruction - minor this time, only a tendon graft to replace my MPFL.

Figured there seems a lot of folks who know more than a fair bit about natural medicine...thought I'd see what ideas folks have :D

I have some of this, which I might try to do better on taking regularly:

http://cart.montanaemuranch.com/VitalStats-c-9.html

I'll be on massive IV antibiotics during and after surgery due to previous issues with infection, so I picked up some more probiotics, those are chilling out in the fridge. Should I start taking those now?

This will set back my pig planning, but I've already gotten a few contacts for weaners this spring. I'll have some time I suppose to do my final plans and wait for winter to get over with, and make sure I have good diagrams for hubby if I'm not steady enough on my pins to build the fencing and shelter :)

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Hmmm... I don't have too many ideas but probiotics sound good. Have you ever looked at taking aloe juice? Very good for healing and keeping the bad stuff away. It's something I always have on hand as it's good for all kinds of stuff.

Other than that, make sure you give yourself enough time to recover. It's always so easy to try to do to much too fast. Sometimes you have to force yourself to give your body a break.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
3 things that are fabulous.
A good probiotic (raw kefir if you can make it is tops)
Fermented cod liver oil
High vitamin cod liver oil

2 and 3 will boost your healing rate by miles!

booker81

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thank you!! I'll hunt down the kefir thread....there isn't much that I'm not up to making or trying.

Would the aloe juice, and the various cod liver oils be at any good health food store, or are they better to order online?

Last time I was in, I had to be on clindamycin IV - that is nasty, nasty stuff. Each time they started a pack, it tasted like someone dumped a load of metal shavings in my mouth, and it lasted the whole IV. We don't need to go into what it did to my guts....just imagine the worst. Of course, at the time I was septic with a nice staph infection. I don't want to go that route again, but I'm thinking they will just start with the clinda during and after surgery....yay.

Latest posts