Bubblingbrooks Journey - Salut!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Sounds like you need to make up a batch of yogurt for your tummy as well. ;) Hope you get feeling better soon.
Well, the kefir is not helping yet :/

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
BB hope you get better soon!!

Speaking of yogurt for your tummy...can you be allergic to yogurt? DH thinks he is, he ate a cup and a half of some I made yesterday morning and he was hugging the toilet for about an hour a few hours later :ep He attributed it to the yogurt. He does have some really bad allergies, but never heard of anyone allergic to yogurt. He had this issue of his stomach sick twice, both times he consumed yogurt but the second time, he actually got really ill. Just wondering, thought you'd know more about it than I do and may have heard of that kind of reaction :hu He is allergic to mold and such, but I'm very clean when making things, especially from milk, so wouldn't think it got anything in it from utensils/kitchen, but maybe during the making process? I dunno. Just thought it odd to be allergic to yogurt. What do you think?
Hmmm, throwing up, I am assuming?
And I doubt its from contamination. My guess, and its just a guess, is that his gut is low on good bacteria.
He can drink the milk fine, right?

Take a look at this post my mother just put up.
http://seedsofnutrition.com/?p=7042

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Wannabefree said:
BB hope you get better soon!!

Speaking of yogurt for your tummy...can you be allergic to yogurt? DH thinks he is, he ate a cup and a half of some I made yesterday morning and he was hugging the toilet for about an hour a few hours later :ep He attributed it to the yogurt. He does have some really bad allergies, but never heard of anyone allergic to yogurt. He had this issue of his stomach sick twice, both times he consumed yogurt but the second time, he actually got really ill. Just wondering, thought you'd know more about it than I do and may have heard of that kind of reaction :hu He is allergic to mold and such, but I'm very clean when making things, especially from milk, so wouldn't think it got anything in it from utensils/kitchen, but maybe during the making process? I dunno. Just thought it odd to be allergic to yogurt. What do you think?
Hmmm, throwing up, I am assuming?
And I doubt its from contamination. My guess, and its just a guess, is that his gut is low on good bacteria.
He can drink the milk fine, right?

Take a look at this post my mother just put up.
http://seedsofnutrition.com/?p=7042
Yes throwing up for nearly an hour, and very very sleepy for some reason :hu He eats a bit of cereal with that milk, and drinks it fine, just had issue with the yogurt. Of course if I ate nearly TWO CUPS in one sitting I'd be sick too, but...he loves the stuff. :) I hope there is an explanation or alternative for him :(

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Well, maybe just a cereal spoonful next time, then wait a day or so, before having another spoonful.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Well he says he DOESN'T drink the milk with his cereal. So....maybe he is lactose intolerant? The symptoms he had the first round was low blood pressure, dizziness, nausea...signs of anaphylaxis...and the second time all of the above, plus the sleepiness and tossing his breakfast. I told him the other day that was how I felt when I got a hold of some dang soy!!! Hmmm, I did read the article about the drops too...very interesting. DH tolerates cheese and ice cream very well, and chocolate etc. most dairy products, just not milk or yogurt. He says that is why he doesn't drink much milk...it messes with his stomach. He also doesn't eat very much ice cream at a time due to this. I wish that man would learn to communicate :rolleyes: :lol: Married for almost 10 years and I NEVER knew any of this until now :smack I just wonder if that is the case why he would react so violently to raw milk yogurt? :hu

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Out of desperation, I finally took a 1/4 tsp of DDs Infant Bifidum ( http://www.radiantlifecatalog.com/product/NATREN-LIFE-START-INFANT-BIFIDUM/ ) because Pepto and lots of kefir had failed miserably.
Its still a little early to say absolutely :fl , but I think it did the trick!
I talked to a SIL today, and they have all been dealing the same junk and having the same problem with slow recovery.
I know DH got it at work from a fellow employee, who is still having issues a month later.
Just weird.

We are staying home from church tomorrow so we do not infect all of them. I know quite a few have escaped so far, and would like for it to remain that way.

In other news, the tree buds burst today :weee
Grass is growing nicely too!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Looks like we are healthy finally!
We got lots of work done Monday. Got the woodshed 1/4 filled, and the under eaves stacks all done as well.
This morning we both have physicals for the home study.
There is a tiny clinic 3 miles from here that works on a sliding scale, so we are using them. DH is there now, and I go over at 10:30.
We both had to fast this morning. Makes doing chores lots of fun :rolleyes:

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
I love the little clinic up the road. Sliding scale, so we will get 40% knocked off. Thank goodness, cause that 40% is the extra that is being charged to fund Denali Kidcare.

The NP is our cross the road neighbor!

So we were getting physicals for the home study. That meant blood draws.
DH had 4 vials drawn, but since I asked to get a thyroid panel and a basic cortisol and D lab done, I had 7 drawn. That would not be too bad, except I have small veins, and all the good ones are very hidden.
The intake nurse tried 4 times, and then went and got the NP. And she had to do two separate veins, all because the first one clotted during vial exchange.
She resorted to sucking the blood out with a syringe, in order to get them all done without going in to another vein.

Other then all that, I have been given a clean bill of health.

Oh! And the NP wants to know all about Traditional Food research :ya
She is especially interested in what we do for DHs Diabetes. She is very happy with our management, and wants to know all about why the fermented cod liver oil prevents infections and allows for normal healing, and why Zinc prevents his blood sugar from spiking.
I am tickled to death that she is so natural and open minded!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Oh! And the NP wants to know all about Traditional Food research :ya
She is especially interested in what we do for DHs Diabetes. She is very happy with our management, and wants to know all about why the fermented cod liver oil prevents infections and allows for normal healing, and why Zinc prevents his blood sugar from spiking.
I am tickled to death that she is so natural and open minded!
That's amazing and wonderful!!! :)

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
That is wonderfull that you ended up with an NP, who is interested and open minded about Traditional foods and alternative healing methods. They are not that easy to find, even where I live in "old hippy land" :lol: