Calling all goat people! Advice needed..icky pic!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I tried to feel for them.....Im not sure. I thought I was feeling ligaments....then, it sorta felt like her butt bones. :idunno

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Feel for a pair of "pencils" the go from her behind her hip bones to her spine on a diagonal. They will feel hard, like two skinny bones. Then they will suddenly disappear, and you start watching closely!

Just go out there and dig around on her back with your fingertips about an inch or two out from her spine, between her tail and her hips. When you reach the ligs, you will know it. Then explore the shape and size of the ligs, and memorize the location. She will think you are giving her a nice back massage!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I gotta stick my neck out... just in case...

What if she's not pregnant (just fat) and she has a pyo. Do goats get pyo's?

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh, she is preggers. I layed my hand on her right side...as I scratched her back, and felt the kids kick several times. :) I just dont know when she was bred....or due. :/

miron27

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
my goat did the same thing and about a week later she had her babies. i didn't know when she got bread but it looks like she is close. good luck!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks everyone.....I let her back out to her little yard. I had her in a stall....thinking she was ready...so now she will probably have them, in the yard! LOL

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Nope, sorry loop. Nothing to report yet. Other than a very fat, and happy little goat! :/

Latest posts