Cast Iron

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had a rash plus spots that wouldn't clear up. I was worried and my friend was going to take pictures too send too my doctor, then I I realised that it began when I started using the frying pan, that was a huge relief because there are so many worse possibilities that symptoms like that could have indicated.
Just found reviews but can't read them

This lady insists these pans are high quality iron and that no one one would ever have an allergic reaction too them. Previously she assured me they would assist me and not to think of buying another pan but only emailed me again assuring me these were the top quality. After a while I did what I thought was my right and returned them

I'd hate too have a face on argument with those people, polite when you're paying but I the end not nice at all.

They gave me the impression that they believe they are always right and no one has a right too question their decisions. Maybe I'm the only person ever to be unhappy with their qaulity service. They were packed beautifully I returned them in a similar paper but didn't have their box .
View attachment 17362

I've encountered people like this before and they used too intimate most folk including myself.
Maybe it's my old age but I don't let people do this to me so easily today. I guess I'll have wait and have to cut my losses if they refuse to reimburse me

I've had to spend more money again too buy another pan , I'm not going to risk the non stick due to the toxins but risked a stainless steel this time. 🙏 this doesn't have the same effect.
Sorry for the issues you had.

I have one stainless steel pan and am quite pleased with it.

I think it is over 10 years old now, it has held up well.

Definitely lighter than cast iron.

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'll be homeless at the way I'm spending out on pans. All I wanted was to be able to cook.

I've bought the hexclad not realising it contains aluminium :thif that's not bad enough I find out after purchasing, the aluminium is inside the actual part you cook on.
This metal had been known to leach into food then brain and causes alzheimer. I'll be frying on a brick soon.

I spent nights searching up and then made this massive mistake..

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Stainless steel. I have a promotional set (cheap) of Chef Wolfgang Puck stainless steel pots. Also have my mother’s old set of Salad Master stainless steel, it’s as old as I am. Stainless steel won’t let you down.

I have one big aluminum pot left. I use it for boiling water when I’m scalding chickens to pluck them.

My pressure canner is thick cast aluminum but I don’t cook food directly in it.

Plus my cast iron, I got a lot of kitchen supplies and I use it all.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'll be homeless at the way I'm spending out on pans. All I wanted was to be able to cook.

I've bought the hexclad not realising it contains aluminium :thif that's not bad enough I find out after purchasing, the aluminium is inside the actual part you cook on.
This metal had been known to leach into food then brain and causes alzheimer. I'll be frying on a brick soon.

I spent nights searching up and then made this massive mistake..
:hugs

Well... if you haven't yet used it... you should be able to get your full money back?

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs

Well... if you haven't yet used it... you should be able to get your full money back?
I've searched for the return address as I put it back in its original packaging as soon as I read it contained aluminium inside the pan. There no address on all the paper work they sent inside the box

The phone number doesn't work I tried calling but my call was cut off and I couldn't email directly as my mail was refused however I sent a message via their website.

They do not provide a return address, it's all rather vague

Thank you for your help I really appreciate this. I've spent so many hours trying to find something I can actually cook with.

I read about @baymule lodge pan too late :(

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have stainless steel pans that I got in 1995 and 2000. They do last forever.

Mom has a high carbon steel pan she picked up at the Senior Center sale down in Heppner. Best guess Ive had for age is from the 1950s. She told me to take it next time Im down.

Flea markets, yard sales, and antique stores are good places to find good old pans.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have stainless steel pans that I got in 1995 and 2000. They do last forever.

Mom has a high carbon steel pan she picked up at the Senior Center sale down in Heppner. Best guess Ive had for age is from the 1950s. She told me to take it next time Im down.

Flea markets, yard sales, and antique stores are good places to find good old pans.
True.

I like stopping at the thrift stores and looking at the cups and cereal bowls etc.

You never know what you will find.

You might not always find what you want... but when you do, the price can't be beat.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
True.

I like stopping at the thrift stores and looking at the cups and cereal bowls etc.

You never know what you will find.

You might not always find what you want... but when you do, the price can't be beat.
I found my antique cast iron pan at Goodwill for <$20. I think all my favorite pans are from Goodwill, LOL. Except 2 are from ALDI - their Crofton brand cookware can be excellent.

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am still using Revere Ware stainless with outside copper bottoms. My mom used them and I started with a set when I got married. Now I check out the pots and pans and stuff at the Goodwill stores and buy any I can find even if they have burned on spots. Most of the time you can use a cleaner to get the copper bottoms pretty nice, a few I have are badly discolored. But the inside is stainless and they cook good. I have some old cast iron, and some Lodge brand. They get used, wiped out if not too bad or washed and dried and a little bit of whatever oil I am using at the time wiped down on the inside. The outsides are not all that "beautiful" but I don't worry about it... I cook on Propane, or sometimes on the woodstove. I have a deep lodge pot with a glass top and I make any of my stews in it and it gets washed and dried and a light rub with some oil/lard/shortening after. I love the glass top for seeing in it.

I have not used any other type of frying pan since I got the cast iron 40+ years ago. My Revere Ware fry pans are practically like new.