Cast Iron

Marie2020

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Looks like a sheet iron pan , These are great as well like cast , although I have not baked in a sheet iron one .
Thank you for sharing
I'm extremely grateful for your reply. :)

These pans have made me feel Ill with the smog alone. I have since contacted the company and sent photographs. This is not what I wanted in my kitchen. I hope they help me to get what I ordered even if I have to pay more

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

These pans have made me feel Ill with the smog alone. I have since contacted the company and sent photographs. This is not what I wanted in my kitchen. I hope they help me to get what I ordered even if I have to pay more

if you are heating them up so much that the oil is smoking you need to use less heat and take more time.

Okiepan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score

What brand of skillet did you order ?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Now,, this skillet has always given me a pain, this one spot, no matter what I do, wont cure/cake over/??

View attachment 17166

if it isn't sticking i'd ignore it.

upon closer examination is it a difference in the texture of the iron itself? perhaps it could be a flaw in the metal quality when it was poured/casted.

if you have already tried getting it to season by scrubbing it back to bare metal and then putting some fresh oil on it when it is warm enough and then using it and it hasn't changed i'd not know what to say other than it looks more like steel than iron and perhaps that is the issue and not much to do about that other than to ignore it.

it looks like it gets enough use. :)

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
if it isn't sticking i'd ignore it.

upon closer examination is it a difference in the texture of the iron itself? perhaps it could be a flaw in the metal quality when it was poured/casted.

if you have already tried getting it to season by scrubbing it back to bare metal and then putting some fresh oil on it when it is warm enough and then using it and it hasn't changed i'd not know what to say other than it looks more like steel than iron and perhaps that is the issue and not much to do about that other than to ignore it.

it looks like it gets enough use. :)
I just ignore it hahaha

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This skillet has instructions for seasoning it on the bottom. It’s one of my favorite skillets.

3516739D-C798-4176-AA4C-7734DCC75D6F.jpeg

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That was manufactured between 1991 and 1999 by General Housewares in commemoration of the 100th anniversary.

wagner-1891-box.jpg

Is it even finished smooth inside? Modern manufacturers don't do that because it's an expensive step even though it's the biggest part of what makes them good non-stick.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks for that @Hinotori !!! I had no idea. No, it is not as smooth as my old skillets, but it does ok. The really old skillets are thinner and much lighter weight than new ones. This one is somewhere in between. I’m so happy to know the history of my skillet! Thanks!!!