sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
They are so pretty! Sorry to hear about the disappeared ones, I hope they're o.k. Wherever they went to.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Gave Flash his spring flea and tick shampoo today...it went pretty well. He didn't get mad at me...loved on me later on when I was out in the yard. He's a big mama's boy, is Flash.

Gave both cats a good ear cleaning and mite treatment...been noticing them digging at their ears. Had to have my son hold Molly down for this...no way I could handle her by myself. No way I was going to bathe her either..she'd remove my eyeballs. She doesn't seem to ever have ticks on her like Flash...maybe because he's white and she's not, but he seems to attract ticks like crazy. Several deer ticks dropped off while I was bathing him.

Last year I did the same for him and later I'd see a small tick on him, reach to pull it off and it would just drop off in my hand...apparently, after the medicated shampoo, the ticks would still bite, but it killed them once they started ingesting his blood. Pretty cool. Pretty soon I'd not see any ticks on him at all.

I'm glad that both will be more comfortable now and, hopefully, this will take them through the season.

Dani4Hedgies

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
While I live in a sub our very little city is a major breeding ground for feral and dumped cats. Every cat we have is a rescue and in fact just last night I picked up "Coop Kitty" from the SPCA vet where he had gotten neutered on Wed. He "appeared" in our driveway 2 years ago in the Spring and ran into the Coop (our 3rd garage) as a skinny little orange and white kitten. Never had any mice or rats that I had seen in the Coop but he stayed in there and ate eggs when I broke them for him and ate cat food when it was put out for him. Though until this last Fall he didn't really want any human contact but he had been watching as my in/out door cat got pets and cuddles and decided he wanted some of that so became a lovin cat to humans. Then when our weather got so bad this winter he came in. Once he heals up from his surgery back out into the coop he will go. Just love having a cat in the Coop as I believe it keeps the rodents from moving in.

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So DH brought her home. She has one eye and a big scar on her shoulders. She has turned out to be the sweetest most wonderful angelic cat. :love

She mostly lives in the barn, but she comes to the patio door in the morning and I let her in. She is exceptionally patient with DS2. He calls her "my cat". :love

She's not a fabulous mouser, as far as we know. We seen an occassional mouse shrew and one time a rat. We don't feed her much to encourage her to mouse. She does protect bags of feed. We've never had a rodent chew a hole in the feed bags. Good kitty!
I love stories like this!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Such pretty kitties! I'm not really a 'cat person' but I do miss having a barn cat. We had cats for years but when the last one died at a ripe old age we just never got another one.

Ferguson K

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
White cats are gorgeous but they're easy to spot in the barns and around here... that means easy coyote bait.