CC's 2019 Garden

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Warmer here than there. Still no plants out, or tilling done:( You are doing great! We've had a warm Feb, but woke to 28 & 21 last 2 days. Geeeeesh...cut me a break! :he

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
4 rows left in my spring garden, I only have beets and lettuce left to sow, hopefully it'll be dry enough Tuesday evening. The spring garden consists of carrots, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, brussel sprouts & spinach two 25' rows each.

I also planted about 100' of english peas in the summer garden since they mature pretty quick, I can plant peppers there when their done.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think you experienced a little mini cyclone. How cool is that! I don't think it was an angel. We are surrounded by the spiritual realm, both good and evil. But, when angelic presence appeared in the Bible, it was usually for direct communication with the person(s) they had been sent to visit. In a quick search of the scriptures regarding angels, they almost always appeared in human form. Then, there's this verse: Hebrews 13:2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. Again, human form, such that an angel can't be discerned from any other person you might meet on the street.

So a whirlwind then, very odd because the sky was blue no threat of storms. I do know one thing, I will never forget this experience.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm not an authority on meteorological events, but that would be my assessment.

A dust devil (also known as a whirlwind) resembles a tornado in that it is a vertical swirling column of air. However, they form under clear skies and are no stronger than the weakest tornadoes. They form when a strong convective updraft is formed near the ground on a hot day.
Tornado - Wikipedia

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am a little bit of a romantic I guess - I would take it as a blessing of the garden area from Mother Nature or a nod of approval from a previous homesteader.

At my place, I have started to garden in the area of the original garden from when the place was built. It hasn't been a garden for about 20 some years - they changed it to a calf yard after the wife got too frail to work in her garden.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pretty good soil, the sub-soil has a lot of sand with small clay lenses so I have great drainage.
But, I also have a lot of weed seeds built up in the soil and ALOT of crab grass to get rid of. After 2 years, I think I am finally starting to get the upper hand.