Cecilia's Journal

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with the comments above. Stress is almost entirely within our control - hard to believe but there's evidence for it everywhere. I use guided meditation videos. Cognitive behavioral therapy resources are excellent. If you can't access talk therapy (it's expensive!!), there are excellent workbooks and online materials. Some workbooks can be found as free PDF downloads online too.

Focus on what you can control. That's tough because being pregnant is one of the most out-of-control phases of life. But it's important for your physical and mental health!

When I was pregnant with DS14, I had preterm labor starting at 25 weeks. My XDH and I were on the verge of divorce and he traveled for work - just home on the weekends. I went into labor every weekend. :smack13 trips to the hospital.

With DS6, I had preterm labor starting at 26 weeks. This time I knew that my mental health was more important than bedrest, so I would break doctor's orders to do things that helped me feel calm and secure. Guess what... I only had the one episode of preterm labor at 26 weeks and no more.

Taking care of mental health is the most important thing a mother can do during pregnancy, IMO.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I got super hangry and yelled tonight 😕. I’m so disappointed in myself because I really wasn’t even mad at her. Thankfully she understands me perfectly and ordered chipotle burritos. I definitely feel better now. This is the reminder to maybe just feed the easily angered people in your life 🤣.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wait… if I yell at people I get food and to be alone? 🤔😂😂
Sounds like a good arrangement to me. :idunno
What else could an overworked mother ask for? LOL!!

I remember my first husband asking me what I wanted for Christmas one year.

My answer: A hotel room, all by myself, with room service!

Latest posts