CheerioLounge - Desert Dreamin'

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
The winter winds are here!!! Today; 40 mph sustained winds with gusts to 65 or so and temps in the low 40's. They've finally begun to die down and the warning expires at 7 pm. All this ahead of a cold front that's moving through that might give us some rain and a slight chance of snow on Sunday.

Got the month's grocery shopping done before the hardest of the winds hit. Driving that van in these high winds is scary!! :ep I love being able to make just one trip to the market a month. I spend much less money and have really learned to stretch things...

Yesterday, J was on base and stopped in at the thrift store and found 80 or so skeins of cording and thick yarns in assorted colors for $4.00!! He's always needing cording for piping or whatever and I'm sure he'll come up with a hundred other ideas. They were also clearing out the hard cover books and were giving them away, so J thought of me and grabbed 8 "new" novels for me to read, an encyclopedia of gastronomy (kinda old, but really cool!) and a beautiful coffee table book of American quilts. :love

lazyday

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi, it seems to me that I remember reading in past post that your partner like to do vintage sewing I found a wonderful site for free vintage apron patterns.
this is it http://tipnut.com/56-free-apron-patterns-you-can-make/

I am so going to make a few and thought you and your partner would enjoy looking at them and possibly make a few to sell.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I remember those winds! Here it seems to be rain, rain, rain! We only go into town three times a month. I would go less if I could. Stay warm!

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You talking about your little breezes? Ha!

Okay, ya, those are winds, we get 'em too and I flat hate 'em. When we had the peacock, the wind would blow him sideways until he turned into it. Kind of comical to watch.

We head into town as little as possible, too. It's easy to stay home, but we're huge milk drinkers and I won't pass up on the sale items at the little store if it's something I can stock up on.

Good for you!

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Hi Marianne & Snap!

Yes, happily the winds ended this evening and the record low temps too. The low Sunday morning was 19 degrees.
It has never been that cold since we've been here. I know that's nothing compared to what some of y'all get. I really don't envy the snow and freezing rain.

We're headed into a pretty nice stretch of weather if the forecast holds. Upper 60's and mild winds. :clap. Now I can seriously get to work on the chicken expansion project. I want to get my new birds in by the beginning of March.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
My old eyes and fingers don't type too fast on this smartphone touch pad! :old

See? I had to go back and edit a typo!

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Cleaned the coops and runs this morning. We've decided to move the chickens over to where we had our original garden. Still working on the plan, but the nice thing is that there's already a water line run out there.
4399_garden01.jpg
I've begun clearing the area and I may get to convert that trailer yet! :thumbsup

Latest posts