CheerioLounge - Desert Dreamin'

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Been scouring Craigslist, all the local yard sale sites and Kijiji for goats and have found some for sale pretty close. Now that I know there are goats for sale locally, I can start collecting materials to build their shelter and pens. It may end up being next year before I can actually get the goats, but I'm not going anywhere and anything worth having is worth waiting and working for. :thumbsup It will also give me time to adequately research and learn some more. It's a pretty big commitment and not quite as easy as keeping laying hens! :p

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
My friend has cashmere goats and they are ADORABLE! I can't wait to get goats some day! (course I can't wait to get a lot of things some day....:rolleyes: )

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
A year?! I have to wait for my cows too :(
I hope it will be sooner... I really need to focus on chickens and growing some produce. The more food I can grow myself, the more cash I'll have for starting my goat herd. I have enough Amazon gift cards to get the mealworms and hopefully that will generate some additional income as well. I can't get goats without a place to put them!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yay on the mealworms! I have a headache. Let me know when you have some ready to ship out :D

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Yay on the mealworms! I have a headache. Let me know when you have some ready to ship out :D
Sorry about your headache!! :hugs And you'll be the first to know when the mealworms are shipping! :thumbsup

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
J's client/our friend, the one that had the boob job, came by today and brought her 5 yr old daughter with her. She is adorable! She's at that age where all she does is talk, talk, talk! I got the happy task of watching her while J and mom took care of business. We went and visited the chickens and she fed them some scratch from the palm of her hand (no fear at all! Remember when we were fearless? :p) We walked all around the property with the dog and looked at ant hills and rabbit holes. Found some rabbit poop (fascinating!) What fun! We haven't had any kids around since my sister took my nieces and nephew and moved to Flagstaff. I sure miss them!

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
The "Old Man" came by this morning and I rode to town with him. I didn't need anything, but he sounded like he wanted some company, so I went with him. I think he's been a bit lonely since his DDs and SIL left last week, so I was happy to spend a little time with him. He offered to take me in to Yucca Valley to have my lab work done for my follow up appt with Dr. on my kidney infection. He may grumble now and again and be a bit of a pessimist, but all in all he's a pretty good guy. :thumbsup

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That's what gives 'em character! Lol I think we've all known someone that way. Hey and at least you got out today.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Yeah! He is something else! He's led quite a life too! Been on his own since 14. He's got great stories! :old And I think I've heard them all at least 3 times! :gig But I am truly thankful to have him as a neighbor. We might not have lasted out here were it not for him. He has been very helpful in too many ways to list here! :bow He is much appreciated here!