CheerioLounge - Desert Dreamin'

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Cheerio, if you haven't yet, check out the mealworm thread on BYC, one of the sister forums. It's under the Feeding and Watering Your Flock heading. It's loooooooooooong, but good information. I really enjoy messin' with my mealies, as do my grand daughters.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Cheerio, if you haven't yet, check out the mealworm thread on BYC, one of the sister forums. It's under the Feeding and Watering Your Flock heading. It's loooooooooooong, but good information. I really enjoy messin' with my mealies, as do my grand daughters.
Thanks! I actually have it bookmarked! ;)

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Glad you had company (of the young variety) and an outing! Sounds like a good day and much more exciting than mine although I did go to Walmart.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Thanks Snap! It really was fun! I love going to Walmart! I just wish they wouldn't fill those nice wide aisles with so much merchandise! :barnie

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Looks like the winds are coming back to the desert! Deb? Is this your doing? :lol: ;)

On another note... Watched "The Horse Whisperer" this afternoon, or at least everything after the tragic accident at the beginning of the movie. I just can't bring myself to watch that part. If you've seen it, you may understand why. But, I digress... I'm sitting there and suddenly my eyes well up from seeing the beautiful, green, tree-ringed valleys, the winding rivers, and majestic snow-capped mountains. The scenery is amazing! :ep I clearly need a vacation from all this brown sand! :lol: I know... what a sap! :/

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I think we all get that way at times.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Good movie, though they sure changed the story pretty significantly...

Glad you had fun with the wee one and had a good trip to town! Older people are very interesting (I work with that population)... we have several patients at our practice that are over 100! Oh the stories they could tell... I wish I had the time to sit with them.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Today was a very stormy day in So Cal! Being out where we are, we rarely get any of the rain, but we sure got the dark clouds and wind. Gusts up to about 50 mph today and about 20 degrees cooler than yesterday. The winds died down at sunset and it's pretty calm out there right now, but it's expected to get down to near freezing overnight.

The "Old Man" took me to get my lab work done for my follow-up on my kidney infection this morning before the worst of the winds hit. We had him over for dinner as a "Thank you." He and I were both able to schedule our Dr. appointments for Friday down the hill in Palm Springs, so he won't have to drive so far alone and I get a much needed ride! :ya It will be an all day thing, his appt. is at 8:45 and mine is at 3:00, so I'll buy him a nice lunch! :thumbsup

And... he brought over two Pyrex 210 25cm pie plates for us! They are awesome! :woot

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Helps having neighbors like that.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I love when we have good neighbors and we can be good neighbors! Cool about the pyrex pie plates!!!!