CheerioLounge - Desert Dreamin'

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
snapshot said:
I love when we have good neighbors and we can be good neighbors! Cool about the pyrex pie plates!!!!
X2

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
We got really lucky to have such a good neighbor! A lot of the folks out here are not so friendly. I was out cleaning the chicken run this morning when some of the "crazy lady's" ranch hands came riding by with her trainer. I overheard them talking and apparently the trainer has bought the property next to our's to the south. They rode onto that property and he was pointing out where he's going to build the arena and everything he's planning to do there. I'm a little concerned, because they play loud music out over the arena up at her place and one of the reasons I like living here is the peace and quiet. While improvements to that property will help raise property values, I am still very leery of what will be going on over there! At least now we know where we just might have to put the pigs! ;)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
You should raise howler monkeys on that side, and guineas, and....I'm tryina think what else is obnoxiously loud...coon dogs, and...think you could handle elephants? :p

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I had a dream not too long ago that RU had 4 elephants, and she was fostering 2 others. Maybe they were for CL?

How about peacocks? They sound like they're calling for help. Get em all riled up trying to figure out who's being killed.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
As long as he fences the property and doesn't play the loud music, Ill be cool. It bugs the crap out of me how people with money think they can do whatever they want. I'm sure she'll be footing the bill for any of the horse related construction. What irks me most is that we told her the place was for sale. We got her together with the former owner and she got the place for a steal. The place has a well and as as finder's fee she said we could tap into it. Well, that all went up in smoke when she had her meltdown and fired J. Now I regret not telling the guy we bought our place from. He would have bought it in a heartbeat!

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
I had a dream not too long ago that RU had 4 elephants, and she was fostering 2 others. Maybe they were for CL?

How about peacocks? They sound like they're calling for help. Get em all riled up trying to figure out who's being killed.
Peacocks could be fun! :lol: Elephants, not so much! :/ Guineas would be good, but they need to free-range, don't they? I bet they would even keep the doggone squirrels at bay! :D

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
they dont 'need" to free range but tend to do better at the whole bug and snake killing when they can...and yes they will usually chase down small rodents and such too, ive seen a small flock of guinnes tear apart a rat they somehow managed to catch...
shame there dumb as rocks lol.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
It's a quiet day here on the old homestead... Not much going on at all. I have a couple loads of laundry to do and I'm trying to come up with something to bake to get a little warmth in the house. I have all the makings for sugar cookies, but J is burnt out on those, so the search continues...

It's nice and sunny, but it's cool out. Supposed to be warming up over the next several days. :weee :cool:

ETA: Been having a discussion over at BYH about the new forum format at BYC. They are asking for feedback. Nifty was even there last evening for a while participating. :D :clap Maybe they will ask here at SS as well...