Christmas is coming! Christmas is coming!!!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:weee :weee :weee :weee

So....what do you like best about Christmas??

I was lying out in the dog barn last night.....ahem..well...uh...OKAY! I know that sounds stupid but my boys are all gone, the Bat is away visiting her sisters and my puppies aren't house trained yet. Plus, they get too hot with the wood stove going....I was lonely!!!

Anyhoo, I usually keep a big pile of hay out there for lounging, a down comforter for warmth and a flannel pillow for me head...and the dogs and I contemplate the stars. I saw many shooting across the sky and it was just lovely!

To get back to the subject at hand...Christmas!!! I was just praying last night under the stars that God would send me some money....and someone that needs it for the Christmas season.

I have everything a person could want and I really enjoy helping someone else have a great Christmas....so I usually pray for a Somebody to love and God usually sends me someone who needs something that I have...be it money or food or firewood.

That is one of my fave things for Christmas....not to mention the lights, the colors, the smells of the holidays. I love the whole feel of Christmas!!!!

What do you love about Christmas?? :love

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
:sick

Yesterday I heard CHRISTMAS MUSIC in Cashwise, and Goodwill already had their CHRISTMAS decor out!

WHY?!

And now it's snowing today. :smack

BAH HUMBUG!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I love just kicking back and doing as little as humanly possible on Christmas!

AND I always hope my hubby doesn't get called out. He's a Volunteer fire fighter and was called out two Christmasses ago to a roll over accident. I really do not want that happening again.!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
:sick

Yesterday I heard CHRISTMAS MUSIC in Cashwise, and Goodwill already had their CHRISTMAS decor out!

WHY?!

And now it's snowing today. :smack
Can you ETA to add "BAH! Humbug!" in that???

:lol:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I like to decorate my tree. I can't have a real one due to allergies. A few years ago my hubby splurged and got a really nice fake one. (He was trying to make it up to me after getting really drunk and acting stupid. He knew I wanted this tree, but wouldn't buy it on my own.) It's pre-lit and flocked. I got a new tree skirt that's just plain green. Quite truthfully, if I lived by myself, I don't know that I'd ever take it down.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I like church where the real reason for Christmas is brought out. I don't much care for all the hype of Santa and the Christmas music, etc. etc.

Maybe if it wasn't one super humongous month long commercial, I'd feel differently, but I really think all the hype sucks the spirit right out of it.

By the time it gets down to the few days before I am just completely fed up with the lot of it.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Christmas!

I love my childhood memories
I love the smell of pine trees, the real stuff
I love the anticipation
I love the magic
I love a child's wonderment
I love a child's expectations of Santa
I love thinking of what meaningful gift to give
I love giving
I love the Goodwill spirit (I just wish it lasted all year)
I love the spirituality that is all around
I love the stained glass church windows
I love baking cookies
I love having an excuse to visit friends
I love having friends drop in to visit
I love the christmas songs
I love christmas caroling
I love the annual christmas charoling party at my friend's house
I love the Solstice ceremony at another friend's house
I love lighting my Menorah
I love watching my surrogate grandchildren open their gifts
I love watching friends and family open their gifts
I love planning gifts
I love the lights
I love our radio station's letter to Santa program and fundraiser
I love christmas
I love advent calendars
I love sdvent wreaths and celebrations
I love hot cocoa with cakes only served at christmas
I love eggnog

and I am pagan ;)

I don't like the advertisements and the pressure to buy the perfect gift, or be the perfect hostess or the other stuff that requires spending money.
But I love the spirit of christmas

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
By the time it gets down to the few days before I am just completely fed up with the lot of it.
I guess I don't get that end of it, as I don't have TV. I'd be pretty burnt out if I had to listen to all the commercials for the season, I guess.

Denise, that is a lot of LOVE!!!! :lol:

You know what is one of my fave things to do during this Season? I love coming home after dark, with snow on the fields and the moon glistening off the white and pulling into my driveway. The house is lit up from inside, the Christmas lights are glowing softly and smoke curls from the chimney.

I step out of the frosty air into a warm house, smelling of pine and cinnamon, redolent with comfort, warmth and welcome. That is one of my favorite things! :love