Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was up at 5:30. Got the pressure canner loaded with 7 quart jars of chicken leg quarters and rice by 6:30. Just turned it off. Got another 10 pound bag to do. I get 7 quart jars per 10 pound bag of leg quarters. Dogs go crazy for it mixed with their kibble. They lick the bowls clean. Better than dry food that they eat a little and walk away from. Then ants get in it, or the sheep eat it or it just gets old and they don't want it anymore. So canning chicken for dogs it is. I buy leg quarters on sale.

I dump a quart jar into a half gallon jar and add water to thin it down. Each dog gets 2-3 big spoon fulls in their food and I mix it up. Works for me!

Now got to let it cool down, unload and reload 7 more jars.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am stingy with my PTO hours.
I get it - and don't blame you a bit. I was stingy with mine too. In fact, I was so stingy that I actually left some on the table when I retired. I literally couldn't use up all the time I had accrued when I discovered I could get out of there earlier than expected, lol!

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
if this is the inside of your house, I am EXTREMELY jealous as it looks like my dream home.

Morning all-- -4 deg F but feels like -25 deg F here this morning, gonna be cold doing chores. Next 3 days are going to be bad with actual temps in the negative teens but then next week is in the 20s. January is knocking on our door
good morning, no its just a google dry cabin pic I found last year,
we did live in an off grid cabin back in the 80's
this is our current cabin, a bit dark until the sun maybe comes out,
IMG_20211228_045922.jpg