Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Books,
As much as I appreciate being able to google stuff and get a quick answer, having information in book form, to me, is valuable. ...

So, in my current waiting down time I am going to put a book order together. ...
So, I'll let you know what I find. Most will have to do with "do it yourself, homesteading, off-grid" living.
I am curious what books make your list!

I don't keep many books at home. I keep my books at the library. ;) But I keep dog training reference books at home since I use those often and the library system doesn't have many of the good ones. I keep some SS reference books too, for my irrational "what if the internet goes out?" My current topics are butchering, canning, gardening, foraging, soil amendments, and soap making.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score

I don't keep many books at home. I keep my books at the library. ;) But I keep dog training reference books at home since I use those often and the library system doesn't have many of the good ones. I keep some SS reference books too, for my irrational "what if the internet goes out?" My current topics are butchering, canning, gardening, foraging, soil amendments, and soap making.
sounds like my house--lots from the library but I am slowing building up some reading materials over the last couple months just so I can have some reference books on hand if needed

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

Everything you listed, we have 40 years of DIY stuff
I homeschooled all of my children, and I have a collection of K-12 basics, the three Rs.
And I have dog training books too, Denise Fenzi books.

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
sounds like my house--lots from the library but I am slowing building up some reading materials over the last couple months just so I can have some reference books on hand if needed
I love this book!
517lQf3cvuL.jpg

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am leaving behind , counting a few from the forest , 60 medicinal herbs. I am taking my elderberries, horseradish and cal. ginseng. Everything else is replaceable.
I wont be planting a veg. garden until fall/ winter garden planting time. I want to get this plots foundation right.
I want to take my time setting it up. I mar do some salad stuff and kale for the chickens, but nothing major.
I will be ordering herbs and getting those planted as soon as they are shipped. I am going to place and order today.

We had to cull our current flock due to not being able to get a coop up due to the abnormal Dec. weather. I am sad, but its ok. We will get one built in March and I have an order for 16 Cuckoo Marans placed but I may switch to Welsummers,,, Lololo I'll let you know

So, here I sit with a massive amount of work I cant do

Last edited:

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
they look a bit like brown leghorns - no BIG comb and with dark brown eggs

download.jpg92162764bdfc6b4b93700e9dfc339694.jpg

Last edited: