Coffee's Ready, Come and Sit on the Porch

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:caf :lol: Just got off the phone and REdid my order -- I like these better, heat and cold tolerant, beautiful rooster, large bird, Dark Brown eggs, and will set on a nest!

Capture333.JPGCapture3334.JPG

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We have a book shelf in nearly every room of the house. I need to clear out and give some of the books away, but I don’t know where to start lol. Currently, I’m trying to learn off of these two. Pic below. And of course, the staples of Back To Basics and Self-Sufficiency.

Love those chickens too, so pretty!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 71

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We have a book shelf in nearly every room of the house. I need to clear out and give some of the books away, but I don’t know where to start lol. Currently, I’m trying to learn off of these two. Pic below. And of course, the staples of Back To Basics and Self-Sufficiency.

Love those chickens too, so pretty!
Oh those look good, and I do have the Back to Basics, got it when it first came out,

yes, I want a school book , book shelf, a garden one
and I think I will put the herbal ones in the wood cook stove room

Last edited:

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
This is my Bakers Choice wood cook stove, IMG_0171.JPG
back when we first thought we were moving, like 2 years ago 2019, our son needed a woodstove so, we gave it to him.
Well, they took it and then decided they wanted one with a water jacket
IMG_20210213_174726_730.jpg

and asked if they could give it to a friend that had just bought a house and needed a stove. We said well ya, we gave it to you, and its yours so......

so he gave it to his friend.......WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!! you will never guess who that was and where it is????

It is in the dinning room area off the kitchen in my new house :gig I got my stove back!
021.jpg024.jpg

and I am going to put my baking bench and shelf on the wall next to it, by that window,

IMG_1009.JPG

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
A friend of mine gave me this bell back in the 90's. Yep I've moved it all this time and never set it up untill today. I asked my wife last week, you remember that black bell? Yes it's hanging on a nail in the barn. She has this "gift" of finding things. Mainly things that I forgot where I put them. I'm serious, it's true... Must be photographic memory or something.

We set the bell up on a 9' length of 2" pipe. Wife put some commodity feed in the buckets, rang the bell this evening. When she does what I call "be feed and put to bed" with all the animals. I just looked not long ago, The buckets ain't been touched 🤣.

Here's what I think... it's called "Cow Logic". They do the exact opposite of what you want them to do. So don't want them to do it and they will.

All that 10 lbs sledge hammer swinging standing in the back of farm truck and they snubbed their noses at our efforts. Oh well at least the rain will clean the dust off of the bell.
View attachment 17838

A cows life is a good life, so much food to eat, you even get to lay around in it. I'm very thankful to have them here \o/. It makes me happy, just to have hooves on the pasture.
View attachment 17839

Cow Logic... I've been wanting them to shelter in the two stalls, they wouldn't. Tonight guess where they are? In the stalls. :smack

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
They will get used to any noise or call after a while. Right now it's a good thing you have plenty of grass and they don't need to run to the feed.
Around here a lot of ranchers have installed sirens on their feed trucks because it carries across the big pastures. Some being a full section.